[How TO] Restore VZW Galaxy Tab to stock DJ11

jayhammy

Reaction score
I flashed them altogether. I'm not in IRC. I just tried it and it says I can't get onto the server and boots me off. Perhaps I can message him on Twitter.
Zimage does not have an extension. :-(

steveo11284

Reaction score
It worked Thanks!

Thank you very very much for these instructions. I did something and I couldn't get it to go past the Samsung logo. However, using your instructions saved me. Thanks!

Reaction score
Download doesn't work... It aborts a few MB in. Could you please upload to another source?

chisox

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help me here. My VZW Tab got messed up overnight one night (not rooted, stock firmware). Half of my apps disappeared.

I tried in the phone to do a factory reset (privacy -> factory reset) but it will NOT wipe out and restore the tab. It reboots and brings me to recovery, where I select to wipe data/cache and reboot it.

When I reboot it, all of my old programs are still there. My google account and everything. Except now all my programs force close and you can't really do anything.

So I followed your instructions and everything seemed to go OK, but when it restarted... ALL OF MY DATA IS STILL ON THE DEVICE! This thing will not go back to factory..

Any suggestions?

steveo11284

Reaction score
Sounds strange. Did you do a factory reset from the recovery after following the instructions?

chisox

Reaction score
I have tried doing it two ways.

First attempt: Tried to activate the restore from within Android. Privacy -> Factory Reset. The Tab restarts and goes into Recovery. I scroll down and choose "clear data/factory reset" and "clear cache". Then I restart it. The Tab restarts and takes forever to boot. It boots up and makes me go through the inital setup but all of my old programs and google account are still there. Anything I do on the tab at this point causes a force close.

I then followed this guide step by step and with the same result. It will restart when it finishes but still have all my data on it.. I don't know whats going on..

steveo11284

Reaction score
These apps that you say keep coming back, do they happen to be installed on your SD card? If you remove your SD card do they go away?

chisox

Reaction score
They aren't on the SD card.

I just did it two more times. Flashed stock firmware from computer to Tab using heimdall with the SD card installed and not installed when doing the flash and initial boot.

Doing it either way results in the same thing. It goes back to an image that looks to have been captured about a day or two ago. I had just changed the background and installed and app and it always reverts to this point..

chisox

Reaction score
Even if I just turn the unit off, then back on, it resets itself. It will load all the apps that I had previously uninstalled before shutting down the unit.. Anyone have any idea what is going on?

timczer

Reaction score
modem

I had an issue where a recovery using clockworkmod locked and bricked my tab. I was able to put this rom on my tab and get it to work. My problem is, i have apparently lost the modem.bin for it. Airplane mode is always checked as on (can't be turned off), no gps and 3g signals.

Any idea how I can get these functions back working?

timczer

Reaction score
Any help with this?

Additional information. When I flashed my tab again with this stock firmware, and then got back into it, I started to redownload and reinstall some of my old apps. When I did this with Z4root, something strange occured. When I opened it, I had the option to reroot the tab, as it was saying it was already rooted. This seems to have persisted even after flashing it to the stock rom.

This makes me wonder about what part of the file system is not being touched during the flashing of the rom and is that the same place my problem with the radio is occuring as well.

Any thoughts?

timczer

Reaction score
Does anyone with this tab have the modem.bin they could possibly get for me to see if that will fix my problem?

coker6303

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the write up! Saved my arse! Everythign worked flawlessly, no boot loop so I didn't wipe data/cache. Booted right up and everything is just like I had it just before I locked it up.

Thanks again!

coker6303

Reaction score
Even if I just turn the unit off, then back on, it resets itself. It will load all the apps that I had previously uninstalled before shutting down the unit.. Anyone have any idea what is going on?

Same problem here. They are not on the sdcard and I can't find them in the system. any ideas????