How to replace the Unlock / Call Answer screen?

xmguy

Reaction score
I'm getting an Inc 2 as a insurance replacement for my Droid X2 (POS). I've had an HTC phone before. The Eris. The slide to answer/unlock screen was a pain. Was always unlocking or answering calls in my pocket as my phone was facing my leg and causing the call to answer as I pulled the phone from my pocket.

Is there a way to rooted or not change this to the standard Google slide left to right to answer / unlock? Rom anything!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it's like the Thunderbolt, which it's probably pretty darn close, you'll want to rename or move HTCLockScreen.apk from /system/app - then you'll get the good ol' standard Android lockscreen.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Awe cool! Once I can get S-Off on the phone I may go this route vs flashing a rom. (I'm running 2.3.3 currently no root method)

ABQNM

Reaction score
OP is asking about the answer call screen, not the lock screen. WidgetLocker replaces the lock screen and works great but there is no way to replace the stock call answer slider with the horizontal sliders without flashing a rom that has them.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
OP is asking about the answer call screen, not the lock screen. WidgetLocker replaces the lock screen and works great but there is no way to replace the stock call answer slider with the horizontal sliders without flashing a rom that has them.

Exactly. I was hoping I could go non rooted way. But I'll have to wait til GB is rootable.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I don't have an Incredible 2 yet (it's on the way), so I can't confirm if it works with the phone or not, but I've used Easy Answer from the market with great success on my Droid Pro and on my Droid X before that. It allows you to replace the slider with very large "Answer" and "Decline" buttons.

Reaction score
I don't have an Incredible 2 yet (it's on the way), so I can't confirm if it works with the phone or not, but I've used Easy Answer from the market with great success on my Droid Pro and on my Droid X before that. It allows you to replace the slider with very large "Answer" and "Decline" buttons.

If my Inc 2 is locked, I get the slider, but if it's not and it rings, I get the large Answer and Decline buttons but I don't have Easy Answer. I am running GO Launcher and Widget Locker, wonder if that has something to do with it?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
If my Inc 2 is locked, I get the slider, but if it's not and it rings, I get the large Answer and Decline buttons but I don't have Easy Answer. I am running GO Launcher and Widget Locker, wonder if that has something to do with it?

I think that's the case with several Android phones. I know my Droid 3 did this as well as my Droid X even without Easy Answer (although the buttons to answer/decline are rather small). I don't think GO Launcher or WidgetLocker play a role in that. I guess the thinking is that if the phone is already unlocked, you're probably not going to accidentally answer the call since you have the phone out and have just been using it, hence buttons instead of a slider (the point of which is to make accidentally turning on the phone or answering a call less likely.

Easy answer gets rid of the slider altogether, allowing you to answer with large buttons instead of a slider all the time.

nwh10

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Easy Answer works on the Inc2? I'm running 2.3.3 rooted, and the slider is driving me crazy.

Easy Answer isn't on the Android market at this time. Does anyone know where I can find it? Google search is coming up empty.

Advanced Telephone doesn't work on my phone. The buttons display, but they don't respond.

EZanswer Trial works, but the buttons are too small.

ABQNM

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Easy Answer works on the Inc2? I'm running 2.3.3 rooted, and the slider is driving me crazy.

Easy Answer isn't on the Android market at this time. Does anyone know where I can find it? Google search is coming up empty.

Advanced Telephone doesn't work on my phone. The buttons display, but they don't respond.

EZanswer Trial works, but the buttons are too small.

I found the Beta 3 version in my download repo... Not sure if it works still or not, but here it is if you want to try it - org.nsd.easyanswer.apk

nwh10

Reaction score
I found the Beta 3 version in my download repo... Not sure if it works still or not, but here it is if you want to try it - org.nsd.easyanswer.apk

Thanks very much! Unfortunately, it doesn't work correctly on this phone. :frown: Oh well, it was worth a try.

So I'm still looking for the holy grail....

mebaa

Reaction score
Crap!
That's really irritating..
I'm gonna take down my cell-phone for this reason

I just want to have few simple buttons to answer ,reject,num-pad, speaker ,That's it.

Is there any way i change the call screen basicly not with apps ?