Reaction score
hey all, I get a lot of business quotes that are sent as HTML attachments

the droid cannot open these for some reason..... it just says

"this attachment cannot be displayed"

any ideas?

ndolaw

Reaction score
cant open .html or .eml or .wmv

any luck getting this to work. the phone comes with an HTML viewer app. Its how it opens .txt attachments. Not sure why it will not open .htm or .html attachments

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
Let's add .htm attachments to the list. I get anywhere from 10 to 40 a day that have these attachments and I haven't found a way to open these on the road either.

get quad

Reaction score
*.mht would also be great to be able to open (another form of html)

DroidSufferer

Reaction score
Does no one have an answer to this?

I bought my Droid on day one. I've not been able to open an .rtf or .html or many other email attachments with this thing.

I've also not been able to forward emails without them getting sent as .eml file types, which almost every corporate firewall blocks.

I've asked and asked and searched and searched and can not find an answer. I've been waiting paitiently for 3.5 months for Google to fix the OS (concerning the .eml forwarding issue) but NOTHING.

Does ANYONE know ANYTHING about these issues? Thanks!

DS

fineazell1

Reaction score
I know it has been a while since this post was visited but I found this in the top results while searching for the same answer. So now that I have an answer I am sharing it with you.

I know there is an HTML viewer that will let you view an HTML file and you can use astro or any file browser that will allow that.

But to "run" an HTML file in the actual browser here is what I do.

I save it to my sd card (in my case I wanted a piece of code from a page without having to load the entire page so I created my own .html file)

open your browser and type this in the address bar

file:///sdcard/filename.html

Works like a charm for me.
I hope this helps somebody.

Dr.Strangelove

Reaction score
I've semi-solved the problem (opening .mht files).

You need Opera Mobile and just do the above-mentioned trick. Opera renders opened .mht files correctly as opposed to Dolphin HD.

Enter into Opera Mobile's address bar:
file:///sdcard/filepath/filename.mht

Now we have a way of opening the (.mht) files in a browser. All we need is to make it a default action when selecting from a file explorer. Unfortunately I know little about how Android handles file associations. If anyone knows more... please respond or point in the right direction and we can hopefully bring this sad issue to an end.

related post on AndroidForums.com

Last edited: