Attachments never open with Exchange

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I have the $44.99 account. Never understood the difference anyway -- and why is the pricing for corporate email higher than BB. Anyway, I have the same problem. Will not fetch xls or doc attachements (haven't tried others yet) on my Exchange account, but when I forward to gmail, they open immediately. Also, cannot get my Exchange Calendar to synch. It's blank.

Have you tried Touchdown? It has a 5 day trial....

edkocher

Reaction score
Attachements in Exchange

Uncheck the "accept all SSL Certificates"

Excitable Boy

Reaction score
Unchecking Accept All SSL Certificates doesn't work if your server requires the secure connection. The good news is that since the OTA update to 2.0.1, attachments work fine with it checked now.

Reaction score
Fixed my users issue

A user for a client bought a htc droid eris and set it up to sync with exchange. It seemed to work great sycned email,calander and contacts however he quickly found he was unable to open any attachments and it just received and error saying Network Error. After investigating for a bit I found on the exchange server the following error.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MSExchange ActiveSync
Event Category: Requests
Event ID: 1021
Date: 1/21/2010
Time: 3:39:28 PM
User: N/A
Computer: xxxxxx
Description:
A non-compliant device is attempting to connect with Exchange ActiveSync. However, the Exchange ActiveSync mailbox policy for user [xxxxxxx] and device ID [xxxxxxxxx] require that devices be compliant before synchronizing with Exchange ActiveSync.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

After a bit more research I found in order for the droid to open attachments in exchange manager>Organization Configuration>Client Access the setting 'Non-provisionable devices allowed' had to be changed to true. After that the user is able to open attachments. Figured I'd post the solution here since there doesnt seem to be a lot about the issue and everything I find just says uncheck use ssl, which is a requirment for some people and has to be used.

ironmonk

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem, and I do have "Non-provisionable devices allowed" checked. I am the head of IT for our company and we do have iphone's that don't have any issue. It's almost like the Droid doesn't know what program to open the files with .htm extension. I haven't had much time to dig around to find where we can set what programs to open certain files with. Maybe there's an app for that?

UncleN00b

Reaction score
A user for a client bought a htc droid eris and set it up to sync with exchange. It seemed to work great sycned email,calander and contacts however he quickly found he was unable to open any attachments and it just received and error saying Network Error. After investigating for a bit I found on the exchange server the following error.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MSExchange ActiveSync
Event Category: Requests
Event ID: 1021
Date: 1/21/2010
Time: 3:39:28 PM
User: N/A
Computer: xxxxxx
Description:
A non-compliant device is attempting to connect with Exchange ActiveSync. However, the Exchange ActiveSync mailbox policy for user [xxxxxxx] and device ID [xxxxxxxxx] require that devices be compliant before synchronizing with Exchange ActiveSync.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at Events and Errors Message Center: Basic Search.

After a bit more research I found in order for the droid to open attachments in exchange manager>Organization Configuration>Client Access the setting 'Non-provisionable devices allowed' had to be changed to true. After that the user is able to open attachments. Figured I'd post the solution here since there doesnt seem to be a lot about the issue and everything I find just says uncheck use ssl, which is a requirment for some people and has to be used.

This was exactly why our users could not open attachments. I feel like such a noob for not figuring this out sooner omg...

Thanks for this! :icon_ banana: