PDF attachments in Yahoo email

droidnick

Reaction score
Discovered an apparent glitch in the system on the Droid. If you set up your email on the Droid with a Yahoo account you can't open PDF attachments. Quickoffice allows you to open Word and Excel attachments, but not PDF. Even if you buy an app like Documents to Go, you still can't open PDF attachments from a Yahoo account. I also have GMail on the phone, it opens PDF attachments just fine. Even tried to forward messages from Yahoo to Gmail so I could open the attachments, but the attachments won't forward properly.

I've already escalated this to a Level 3 support provider, but they can't figure it out. Went to the store, they can't figure it out. Given the millions of Yahoo users that will want to be able to open PDF, this is a major problem.

Hoping this will be fixed in the December or January software updates.

Raj

Reaction score
PDF Attachments in Yahoo! Mail

I, too, noticed this issue--even after buying the full vers. of Docs2go. The only work-around I found is to forward your Yahoo! Mail to your GMail account, which allows you to see PDF and Word attachments.

Related to this issue, it would be nice tp have a functionality where Yahoo! Mail asks the user whether they want to open or save the attachment (to the memory card). That way, you can at least open the attachment in your document app of choice, independent of Yahoo! Mail. I'll forward my suggestion to the Yahoo! Mobile team.

Raj

lgag

Reaction score
I am having attachment problems also. I have installed documents to go and can read pdf,doc and xls files on gmail but can not read doc and xls on my aol...however unlike yahoo...I can read pdf on aol! Go figure!