How to obtain a full charge on the Incredible!

qlitchford

Reaction score
I've been in contact on the phone and via email with HTC about the "instant 10% battery drop" issue, the general battery life issues, and the poor reception and call quality issues. The phone representative stated that the poor battery life issue overall was due to the reception issue that was going to be fixed with a ROM update. He had not heard of the "10% issue" that many of us are experiencing. The web/email rep also seemed to dodge the 10% issue at first, but then suggested the charge-turn-off-charge-till-green-rinse/repeat method until that issue is fixed in a ROM as well. I'm included the responses from my email support conversations below. (It's funny that the rep describes the "on/off charging" to me after I explained it to them twice....)

Also, PLEASE take the time to contact HTC either via their web support form or calling the representatives. The more people let them know about the issue, and provide relevant information, the quicker we can get this issue resolved.

Hi, I’m Caylen, and I’ll be happy to assist you today. We are currently aware of these issues and are working to address them in the next MR (ROM update). Like all ROM updates, we cannot provide the exact date for an expected release, as there may be delays that are out of HTC’s control. The reception issue is linked to the battery issues. It is caused by the low signal, and your antenna always trying to find a better signal, which causes the battery to be drained more quickly. Thank you for contacting HTC America Technical Support. Please feel free to contact us again if you have any future questions. Also, I would like to invite you to participate in a customer satisfaction survey located at HTC Online Survey.
Thanks Q for your response. I understand how important it is for your phone to function properly. Here are some steps that should resolve the issue you are experiencing with your battery: 1. Connect the phone to the charger and charge the device until the LED turned green with the phone powered ON 2. Disconnect the phone, and power it off. 3. Reconnect the phone to the charger, and charged the device until the LED turns green again. 4. Disconnect the phone, power it on, and then power it off. 5. Reconnect the phone to the charger and charge until the LED turns green again. 6. Power on and use. As we have discussed about the MR (ROM) update, when released, these issues should be resolved. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at any
I'm copying and pasting this reply in a few forums and a few posts, so please forgive me if you've read this message twice. I just wanted to make sure the news got out to many of the frustrated users.

Chumley

Reaction score
So are they saying they will release an update to improve signal quality or just the signal bar display inaccuracy? I have held off on getting an incredible for these 2 reasons (battery and reception).

windstrings

Reaction score
So are they saying they will release an update to improve signal quality or just the signal bar display inaccuracy? I have held off on getting an incredible for these 2 reasons (battery and reception).

It is what it is.. don't read into it..... messing with the signal bar would not affect the battery as the phone would still be searching for a better signal all the time regardless if the meter said all was well.

The meter is simply calibrated.. you can make it say whatever you want "just like your bathroom scales!"

mangmang

Reaction score
Re

I have two questions regarding the whole charge when on, turn off, charge again until green, unplug, charge again until green, etc...

First, let me say that I have been using this method and it works great. I get a ton more out of my battery (I'm using the Seidio 1750). This Saturday I didn't use this method and I was at 90% within about a half hour of unplugging, with no use, so I'm convinced this approach works.

My questions: Does powering up and down every day hurt the phone? I've turned my computer on and off every day and it seems fine, but not sure about how it affects a smartphone.

If I continue to power down every day to get a full charge, will my stupid City ID trial ever end or does it keep restarting? What a horrible app. It has not been correct once with it's location yet, not once!

Hi i started using this method today for charging and so far it looks like it is definitely working, i hope HTC releases an update to fix this problem.

Reaction score
Mixologist... Your a good man for some how finding this. I have had a serious problem with incomplete charging. As for those ****7y Battery apps, the people who use them are so ignorant it hurts.

I'm not trying to be a douch, but seriously.

deathdr87

Reaction score
The 2150 would probably answer all this and I could live with the new puffy case as that takes less pocket space then a charger does.

seidio is coming out with the 3500mah... since the footprint of surface area is so much bigger than the droid moto, its not supposed to add more than 3 - 4cm to the phone thickness.

Wait, do you mean 3-4 mm? 3 cm is a lot! Thanks for the help.

windstrings

Reaction score
The 2150 would probably answer all this and I could live with the new puffy case as that takes less pocket space then a charger does.

seidio is coming out with the 3500mah... since the footprint of surface area is so much bigger than the droid moto, its not supposed to add more than 3 - 4cm to the phone thickness.

LOL!... its only 10 times bigger whats the problem?....

My mistake!

Yes 3 - 4 mm is pretty reasonable for 3 times the battery.

OP
MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score

LOL!... its only 10 times bigger whats the problem?....

My mistake!

Yes 3 - 4 mm is pretty reasonable for 3 times the battery.

Haha damn wind you were worrying people for a minute there :rofl2: