How to obtain a full charge on the Incredible!

kmo

Reaction score
I've said this in another thread and I'll say it again, if you're having battery woes buy another battery. Problem solved, you will always have a spare on hand. No big deal.

OP
MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I've said this in another thread and I'll say it again, if you're having battery woes buy another battery. Problem solved, you will always have a spare on hand. No big deal.

Yep which is what most people are doing (including me). I have my Seidio 1750 en-route with a hopeful time of delivery by Friday.

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

Reaction score
With "battery left" what does it do? You can actually see a # value and then you know when its really done charging?

If so I dont think my phone fully charges unless its off.

thanks!!!

Unless you have an aftermarket charger thats limited on voltage, you should be able to charge your phone just fine with it on.

Battery left gives you nice readouts.. you can choose 3 to show on the widget so you can see at a glance.

MV is one you can show....

The main purpose of batteryleft is to remember and watch your habits and "learn". this is done during a cabibration process where you basically fully charge and cycle your battery till dead several times until it gets a fix and shows "accurate".
It attempts at a glance to show you how many hours is left till your battery is dead.

Unless your habits change dramatically, its pretty accurate and improving all the time.

I just re-read your post again and thought that I am using my MOT Droid charger sometimes. would that not charge it all the way? Is it different specs then the INC charger?

maybe thats it? I was under the impression they are the same?

thanks!

gsf

Reaction score
I'm sure someone has made a post about this but i think it would be easier and better to have its own thread that people can look at.

So to obtain a full charge and make your battery last longer follow these steps:

1. Plug in the charger and charge until the light turns green.

2. Unplug the charger

3. Turn off the phone

4. Plug the charger back in (red light will turn on again) and charge until its green.

5. Unplug the charger

6. Wait 5 minutes (with phone still off)

7. Plug the charger back in (red light will turn on once again) and charge until its green again.

8. You are ready to go with a FULL battery and can now turn on your phone.

Hopefully this method is only temporary, this should be something HTC looks into fixing very fast!

I tried this method/concept and i'll say it seemed to give the best battery life so far, i'm around 10 hours of moderate use 8 hours of idle time (overnight), and about 12 hours of WiFi connection, and some bluetooth file transfers.

As of now battery-left readings of 50% with 124 hrs stand-by time, 4:51 talk time. About 4pm will be 24 hours since the last charge.

What i did was charge the phone on until the green charge light appeared, then i shut the phone down and charged until the green light appeared again, unplugged it and waited a few minutes and plugged it back in and waited for the green light to appear again, then unplugged the final time.

A little time consuming but i would suggest, and did charge my extra battery this way. The beat approach is keep a car charger handy and a extra battery if you're a heavy cell phone user, but so far this seems to be the best charging method to ensure a full charge. thanks for the tip.

Guchi

Reaction score
the battery obsessions are out of control.. its impacting my life ... ;)

Yep get the Seidio and forget about it. Mine has been on for 7 hours and its its still at 93% in the battery info, granted that was with minimal usage but still that's a major improvment.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
the battery obsessions are out of control.. its impacting my life ... ;)

Yep get the Seidio and forget about it. Mine has been on for 7 hours and its its still at 93% in the battery info, granted that was with minimal usage but still that's a major improvment.

full charge at 9:05am PST.. ordering the seido and living my life.. for Fs sake.. !!!!

solorca

Reaction score
I got my Seidio 1750mah extended battery last night. After fully charging overnight (over 12 hours) with the phone turned off, I pulled it off the charger and saw a similar drop in battery life within about an hour. I am currently at 90% after having the phone off the charger for roughly 2 hours with almost no usage. This is similar to the kind of quick drain that I had with the old battery.

My question is whether the quick drain to 90% is simply a glitch, or whether the "trick" mentioned in this thread actually does anything useful. So far, even with the OEM battery, my life has been getting steadily better over the past week or so. I have high hopes for the 1750mah too.

Edit: Nevermind. I think my quick drop today can be attributed to time without a signal. I'm showing 33% in that area today.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
oh, i took my phone off normal charge at 9:05am, had a couple texts.. at 11:05 showing 100% still..

did nothing special, and using INC battery.

only thing i did dif in my routine is take it off the charger right when it turned green.

tacomanmcjab

Reaction score
thats crazy.. just install "batteryleft" or any app that gives you easy access to the mv reading of your battery and when it reaches 4220 or so "while still on the charger".. your done.

Immediately after taking off charge it should read above 4180 or so.

The fully charged light comes on when its not truely charged yet "as you know"... simply leaving it another couple of hours accomplishes the same thing as all the stuff your doing.

Battery protection in the Lithium ion cells prevent the charger from maintaining the same robust amperage input once the battery hits 4200mv or so... so charge rate drops at that point, but its still charging, just taking longer to finish the last bit!
Plus a slightly slower charge at the last is good for the cells and it equalizes the weaker cells and gives them time to come up to the same voltage as the stronger ones.

Once mv readings show 4225 or so, your charged.

WINDSRINGS!! I was staring at yor name for like ten minutes trying to remeber were I recongnized your name from, are you that guy from lpf with the friken herc? Im fairly sure you are...

jasonb

Reaction score
oh, i took my phone off normal charge at 9:05am, had a couple texts.. at 11:05 showing 100% still..

only thing i did dif in my routine is take it off the charger right when it turned green.

See. Take it off right away and your good to go.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score

See. Take it off right away and your good to go.

im just used to plugging it in at night and going to bed.. thats my routine.

jasonb

Reaction score
i just charged mine while the phone was on, and took it off the charger seconds after the light turned green and an hour later i am still at 100%. it's been sitting idle (screen off) and receiving updates on the Yankees game via the google scoreboard app every 15 minutes. i'm at home where i only get 1-2 bars. wifi off, bluetooth off, mobile network always on, gps on.

so the battery does get fully charged without any trickery. and the battery lasts very very well when the phone is just sitting idle, even with not so good service.

update: an hour and a half now and still at 100%. :)

Last edited: