how to make screen stay on

cboothe0325

Reaction score
I have a new droid maxx great phone, I know to save battery after two minutes the screen goes off,
If I have phone plugged in can I make screen stay on
Is there a setting im missing

Last phone was razr maxx when it was plugged in it always stayed on

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum.

I don't have a DM but most phones have a screen timeout setting. It should be located in the setting menus.

kyboy

Reaction score
I use am app sometimes called wake lock to keep my screen on.
mu6enusy.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If you go to Settings > Developer Options > There is an option for Stay Awake (screen stays on while charging). That should do it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
To enable these, go to Settings - About Phone. Then go to the bottom and you should see Build Number. This needs to be pressed a total of seven times. You should get a message at the fourth press. On the seventh, you'll get another message saying that Developer Options are unlocked.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
To enable these, go to Settings - About Phone. Then go to the bottom and you should see Build Number. This needs to be pressed a total of seven times. You should get a message at the fourth press. On the seventh, you'll get another message saying that Developer Options are unlocked.
Forgot about that...thanks!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
OP states that when the phone is plugged in, the screen stays on. Not sure the answers so far are what he/she's looking for.

Try going into your settings and finding your display settings. I don't have a moto device either, but on my Samsung Galaxy s4, the Display options menu has an option for "Screen timeout." Options range from 15 seconds to 10 minutes on my phone.

I don't remember what it was defaulted to, but I always set it to Never if available, or the highest I can, because I'm religious about turning the screen off when I'm done doing what I want to do. (I also have a habit of turning off other people's screens when they leave them sitting around and on.)

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, if you ignore op grammar then they are asking a question how to make screen stay on. This is why grammar is important.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I thought the OP said "if phone is plugged in can I make screen stay on".

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Now that I read it again for the fourth time, I think maybe you guys are right...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Its all good. That's how I understood the original.

OP
C

cboothe0325

Reaction score
wow I did the developer option thing it works great thanks for your help, its nice to have screen stay on all the time while charging, I understand screen to shutoff to conserve power but while plugged in power is endless

the phone probably does way more than I need but what are all the developer options for who, or why would someone use them

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
wow I did the developer option thing it works great thanks for your help, its nice to have screen stay on all the time while charging, I understand screen to shutoff to conserve power but while plugged in power is endless

the phone probably does way more than I need but what are all the developer options for who, or why would someone use them

My belief is this: I don't know what most of those settings do (I am not an app developer) so I leave them alone...unless I want my screen to stay on during charging.