My new Droid MAXX

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
After a long debate about whether to get a custom Moto X off contract, a new Droid Maxx off contract, use my one upgrade and lose unlimited data or wait for the possible new 2014 Droids I bought a brand new Droid Maxx on-line last weekend. I figured any new Droids for 2014 would not fit my budget for an off-contract phone (gotta send two kids back to school next week). I really enjoyed my RAZR M the last 14 months...it's a great phone! It was time for a bigger screen and bigger battery. The RAZR M is now on the shelf as the family spare. The Maxx arrived yesterday and I stayed up late last night setting it up and upgrading to KK 4.4.4. What an awesome phone! I should have bought one of these last year when they first came out! You know what they say about hind-sight... Overall, I think this phone is one of the best Droid models ever. Looking forward to putting it through it's paces over the next few days. Oh, and that one upgrade I had available....my wife decided to use it and order a custom 32GB Moto X on Motomaker. It arrived yesterday also and she loves it! I know they are both last year's models...but that's OK with us. Two cool new phones that should serve us well for another year or so. :cool:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Congratulations on the new devices.. I love the maxx :) and how you feel about your new devices, is all that matters..

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Congratulations on the new devices.. I love the maxx :) and how you feel about your new devices, is all that matters..
Thanks! I say the same thing a lot.

rosariorose9

Reaction score
I agree! Got mine (32 GB version) a couple of months ago to replace my Razr Maxx, and I love it. Really appreciate the wireless charging and the ability to engage a Google search totally hands free. GREAT phone.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I agree! Got mine (32 GB version) a couple of months ago to replace my Razr Maxx, and I love it. Really appreciate the wireless charging and the ability to engage a Google search totally hands free. GREAT phone.
I plan on getting a wireless charger at some point. Lots of cool new features I am figuring out. Battery on this thing is awesome!

rosariorose9

Reaction score
sajokz, I recommend the TYLT Vu charger. I have a number of different Qi chargers, and that one is the best. Wide charging area, and VERY easy to use.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
sajokz, I recommend the TYLT Vu charger. I have a number of different Qi chargers, and that one is the best. Wide charging area, and VERY easy to use.
Thanks for the info.