How to improve battery life?

lukethouin

Reaction score
They battery life isn't horrible and it could be what i'm running. But what do you guys do that you find helps the battery life?

draexo

Reaction score
They battery life isn't horrible and it could be what i'm running. But what do you guys do that you find helps the battery life?
I just went back to CM7 after a 6 week break trying other roms. I would like to know what others do for improved battery life too.
Sitting for 8 hours doing nothing, it went down 20%. On stock, it would need about 13 or 14 hours to go down that far.

nemesis099

Reaction score
I find it helps that I sit at a desk all day and can plug it in when I need to. Although I also hardly get a signal so my phone can drain dry in 4 hours.

draexo

Reaction score
I find it helps that I sit at a desk all day and can plug it in when I need to. Although I also hardly get a signal so my phone can drain dry in 4 hours.

After 48 hours the whole phone failed and I had to SBF

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
After 48 hours the whole phone failed and I had to SBF

I am kind of thinking your phone is weird, since I don't/haven't had any of the issues you're having. CM7 has been rock solid for me.

One of the best things for battery life I did was to get an extended battery. My current best time of moderate usage was 26 hours.

CM74DX

draexo

Reaction score
I am kind of thinking your phone is weird, since I don't/haven't had any of the issues you're having. CM7 has been rock solid for me.

One of the best things for battery life I did was to get an extended battery. My current best time of moderate usage was 26 hours.

CM74DX

Yes... And the problems show up a few days later...,I do have an upgrade available as well. Verizon tech told me that google navigation was down yesterday, which is why I had no GPS signal, even though my in car GPS worked and my wifes iPhones GPS worked. The problem only affected android phones. Still sure not why I have my compass issues, SO I am going to keep at compass and GPS issues with tech support. The phone is only six months old. If I bug them enough I could possibly get a new phone from them. Who knows.

Otherwise, I could use my upgrade to get a new phone. Not sure which one I would go for. Probably Bionic. Just don't know.

dizz

Reaction score
I like to use juice defender with extreme profile, and interactive checked after a few days only the apps you use will use data...ie.. Settings will use data..y I dunno but when jd poped uo asking wat to do I checked disable etc... I can squeeze 12 hrs with maybe 2 hrs of heavy usage, games on break email music etc and have 40 % when I get home

Sent from my cyanogen7 dX

meaker

Reaction score
Never needed to run juice defender or a app killer on liberty or rooted Gb.. Don't really think I should have to start with this Rom.