Maintenance update improves battery life?

carbine

Reaction score
I personally haven't really noticed much of a battery difference. I spend about 8 hours a day at work, randomly charging it whenever I'm at my desk, then I leave it uncharged til about 12AM or 1AM after I get off work with random usage. Seemed the same to me.

krazykarl

Reaction score
That's just weird that they wouldn't have a system, but you're right. I'll never figure it out if they do.
I'd just like to point out that saying that they don't have a system is not the same as saying the updates are random.

When dealing with relativly large files being pushed out to a million or more handsets, pushing the files out in an obviously systematic way (by location, especially) can over-burden networks. Instead, pushing out the updates in a random or pseudo-random way will balance the load on the network and prevent some areas from becoming bogged down while others are completely free.

Its also possible that the updates are pushed out in a way that coorelates to the network's usage in a specific area, so that they get pushed out faster to areas with lower usage, but since the network is typically built to have increased capacity in areas that typically have increased usage, this method would still result in an update process that would appear random to the outside observer.

now, back on topic, I'd be willing to bet that the increased battery life is either a placebo, or a result of a somewhat coorupted 2.0.1 install that was fixed by applying the full 2.0.1 update (similar to some theories on why facebook is fixed for some people, while others never had a problem with it)

Last edited: