How to get update after using Boostrap

jasonwuzthere

Reaction score
So I was rooted and had bootstrap installed. I used OTA Root Keeper, uninstalled bootstrap, and still no dice.
Full story.
Tried as was - Failed
Backed up root and temp un-rooted - Failed
Unistalled Bootstrap, and temp un-rooted - Failed

Stock GB, no frozen apps, just rooted with bootstrap. Only rebooted into CWR once, to test it. And also, I got Rick Rolled in another thread.

Edit: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ow-remove-razr-bootstrap-custom-recovery.html This link will tell you how to remove bootstrap. Still working on getting the update to install. Maybe my boot animation?
Edit 2: Okay, followed the above link, then installed safestrap with the below tool. The app wouldn't work, but I was able to reboot into fastboot and do a full stock install and update!

Help!

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So I was rooted and had bootstrap installed. I used OTA Root Keeper, uninstalled bootstrap, and still no dice.
Full story.
Tried as was - Failed
Backed up root and temp un-rooted - Failed
Unistalled Bootstrap, and temp un-rooted - Failed

Stock GB, no frozen apps, just rooted with bootstrap. Only rebooted into CWR once, to test it. And also, I got Rick Rolled in another thread.

Help!

Well, we won't allow you to be "Rick Rolled" here! :biggrin:

Your best bet may be to go back to full stock and re-root with this http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/198379-updated-droid-razr-utility-windows.html.

You will need to re-install Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper and temp-unroot but it should otherwise work fine.

Good luck! :biggrin:

OP
jasonwuzthere

jasonwuzthere

Reaction score
It was hilarious, too! The look on my face, completely unexpected. :biggrin:
Alright. Long night ahead. haha

Thanks, Foxkat DancingNexus

Edit: How do I return to stock with bootstrap? It says the return to stock is for fastboot only.

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
It was hilarious, too! The look on my face, completely unexpected. :biggrin:
Alright. Long night ahead. haha

Thanks, Foxkat DancingNexus

Edit: How do I return to stock with bootstrap? It says the return to stock is for fastboot only.

You will need to boot into AP Fastboot.

First, make sure you're at least 70% charged (I recommend 100%).

Next, power the phone completely off (press and hold Power button, then choose "Power off" from the menu).
Then press and hold ALL THREE BUTTONS (Power, Volume Up AND Volume Down).
The phone will boot into the Boot Mode Selection Menu.
Then press the Volume Down just TWICE to highlight AP Fastboot, and then press the Volume Up (*yeah, I said Volume UP, NOT Power), to select it.
Once done, you'll be in AP Fastboot and then you'll be able to use the utility and Fastboot ROM to restore.

Good luck! :biggrin: