How To Get Alarm Sounds to Repeat in Calendar

jacofman

Reaction score
When you set an audible reminder for an appointment in the Calendar, the available sounds just play once, and very briefly. If you're not near your Droid, you are likely to miss the reminder. Is there any way to make the sound you choose "auto-repeat" until you turn it off? That way, you'll eventually hear it even if you are not near your Droid when it initially sounds off. Am I missing something in how the alarms work? Is there a third party application in the Market that people have found useful for this exact purpose? Thanks for your help in advance.

Jacob

Xris

Reaction score
I had the same problem, but with SMS messages.. one beep simply isn't enough.

Luckily, we're not the only ones.. there's an app for this, it is called Missed Call.

Name is misleading, but it allows you to set the alerts to repeat (every 2 min for me) for Calendar appts, txts, calls, BT, apps, battery life, etc.. pretty sweet.

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
This really should be a standard feature in the OS in my opinion. Most of the phones I have used in the past have always offered similar functionality.

Android has a way to go, but I still love this phone like crazy. I hate using an app and wasting more memory/power for such a standard feature, though.

sqchram

Reaction score
I had the same problem, but with SMS messages.. one beep simply isn't enough.

Luckily, we're not the only ones.. there's an app for this, it is called Missed Call.

Name is misleading, but it allows you to set the alerts to repeat (every 2 min for me) for Calendar appts, txts, calls, BT, apps, battery life, etc.. pretty sweet.

Hm, maybe I've got the wrong 'Missed Call' - I can't seem to choose sounds other than alert sounds, and can't get them to repeat every 2 mins - who is the developer?

scotto

Reaction score
Nope, not for calendars

Confirmed. As of 0.90 RC5, Missed Calls doesn't allow you to set any calendar audio function, neither the ringtone nor the ringtone repeat.

Seems like it would be handy for calls, though.

AmitMoran

Reaction score
Hey I've just published my beta version for an application that does that exactly- it
sets repeating alarms for our Calendar events.

Check it out and let me know what you think: Nudnik repeating alarm:
Direct download: Nudnik Repeating reminder-beta for Android

or:Nudnik Repeating reminder-beta for Android

foobar2605

Reaction score
i recently published an app that adresses some features requested:

http://blog.invalidobject.com/androi...event-reminder

let's you set for which mode (silent, vibration, normal) you get vibration or alarm sound. also has:
- repeating reminders
- snoozing option
- customizable vibration pattern / alarm sound, length of alarm
- reminder stays open after last alarm

AmitMoran

Reaction score
Hey,

I've just published the new version of Nudnik Calendar Notifications.
This app integrates seamlessly with your Google Calendar.
Check it out - it has the best nag features (popup, sound, led, vibrations) + other cool stuff like Shake-to-stop/snooze, notify events without reminders, quite hours, and much more!

https://market.android.com/details?id=amProgz.nudnik.full