Repeating Notifications/Alarms

jacofman

Reaction score
I have the original Motorola Droid. When a notification for a calendar event, a text message, a chat message, etc. occurs, it plays the sound you've chosen once. How do you get it to repeat the sound until you turn it off? If I'm not right next to my Droid I often don't hear the initial sound. A repeating alarm/notification would be useful. Is there a way through the Droid OS or a separate app that would allow the user to repeat notifications/alarms? Thanks for your help in advance.

The Witchdoctor

OP
J

jacofman

Reaction score
I have the original Motorola Droid. When a notification for a calendar event, a text message, a chat message, etc. occurs, it plays the sound you've chosen once. How do you get it to repeat the sound until you turn it off? If I'm not right next to my Droid I often don't hear the initial sound. A repeating alarm/notification would be useful. Is there a way through the Droid OS or a separate app that would allow the user to repeat notifications/alarms? Thanks for your help in advance.

The Witchdoctor

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks RW1 if you see anything like that again report it to us with the link for the other post. Makes it easy to find and write them up. :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The Witchdoctor

I believe it sleeps for 5 minutes and then replays the alert again.

What you might want to do is use ringdroid and make a custom alert from an mp3 file. You can make that for as long as you like and that will play for a longer time.

johnb13

Reaction score
Try "Easy Reminder" app from the Market. It allows multiple, indepenant configurations for SMS and phone calls.