How to: [delete frequently called numbers] ?

tscott44

Reaction score
No sir I did not. It's a .99 cent app in the Store, but it DOES require root. You can either clear the list or apply a "patch" that will take away the list completely. :D

Matty are you going to share the .99 app you downloaded to get rid of the frequently called list? Im interested because my list is growing. And can you explain what the (Root) thing is and what does it do? Thanks

evoldroid14

Reaction score
I just deleted my list with the free app but I'm rooted..Its the one for the ics

TTX

Reaction score
I wonder if there's an alternative to the native Droid (4.0.4) phone app that doesn't keep track of whom you called.

GeneralZod

Reaction score
The other thing you can do, is replace the stock dialer with another, like exDialer. I actually like itt better, and it does have an option to clear call logs. Granted, it won't clear the calls in your stock app, but it does offer an added layer of discretion.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
open call history and long press on the one you want to delete and then tap delete in the menu that pops up.

David

GotnFX

Reaction score
YellowJacket said:
open call history and long press on the one you want to delete and then tap delete in the menu that pops up.

David

That only removes the number/person from the call history..go into favorites..scroll down and you'll see frequently called numbers. I erased the frequently called number from the call history..but it is still in the frequently called list.

Super1

Reaction score
It's called Frequently call disabler from the market. I have it and works great, simple to use.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sorry I missed this thread along the way... the app is called "Frequently Called Disabler" but it DOES require root :)

billynair

Reaction score
Frequently Called Numbers - totally useless feature!!

David
Long pressed for 30 seconds, nothing... Droid 4.

This is a TOTALLY USELESS "feature" of the phone!! why?!? because it has a whole $#!+ load of people I NEVER CALL or contact in anyway!! :mad: There are 2 people in my "Frequently Called Numbers" that were random girls my friend hooked up with over 3 years ago, girls I have NEVER contacted since! How is that "Frequent"??!?!

I would love to use this "Frequently Called Numbers" if it actually had my frequently called numbers, I could flip through actual Frequently Called Numbers and find people I frequently call, but as it stands, it is filled with people I never call with a few actual Frequently Called Numbers thrown in to make you hopeful that you might find someone that you call on a regular basis, but it ends up too hard to find anyone you call so you dismiss this entire feature as crap and just do a search in "people"

1coopgt

Reaction score
2 words . "Burn phone" If you must cheat on the other person in your relationship. .

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
This has absolutely nothing to do with cheating on anyone. It has everything to do with wanting the list of frequently called numbers to actually show up in the list of frequently called numbers. It is a matter of convenience to want those numbers you call most often to be the ones that are easiest to get to.

Quick

Reaction score
This has absolutely nothing to do with cheating on anyone. It has everything to do with wanting the list of frequently called numbers to actually show up in the list of frequently called numbers. It is a matter of convenience to want those numbers you call most often to be the ones that are easiest to get to.

Could probably send an email to VZW (or maybe motorola?) support asking what the algorithm is? Got to be some combination of how many times and how recently.
Recent call list is in order of last called. And it displays a counter. My recently called list is different from my frequently called list.

Anonuser

Reaction score
Does the frequently contacted list list the contact based on most recent contact or the frequency of contact?