How to: [de-activate assisted dialing] ?

questioning

Reaction score
How to: [de-activate assisted dialing] ?

Let’s start at the “home page” >> tap the “Phone” icon.

As you enter a telephone number in the dialer, the phone tries to anticipate and propose a telephone number based on the characters entered. The number proposed is from your “Contacts” roster.

If I wanted to call someone in my contacts list, I would go to “Contacts”. I’m using the dialer because I’m trying to call a number [not] in my contacts list.

I did not have this feature with Ginger Bread. Ice Cream Bar was down loaded, and I can’t get this feature to stop – and it’s VERY annoying and unnecessary.

I pose the question because I assume (I would hope) Motorola monitors this board for customer feedback.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I think they are forcing it in ICS because they took the contacts portion out of the dialer and left it as the separate People APP. So this way people can still find contacts without having the leave the dialer APP.

OP
Q

questioning

Reaction score
"I think they are forcing it in ICS because they took the contacts portion out of the dialer and left it as the separate People APP. So this way people can still find contacts without having the leave the dialer APP."

Is there a way to make it stop?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I don't see any settings that make it stop. I even tried my goDialer and it does the same thing. Personally, I have always relied on this feature because it is faster than doing a search through my contacts and I don't want to have to look through my 256 contacts to find one number.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums