how to delete first party apps

831droid

Reaction score
hi sorry ive been looking but i cant find an answer, i installed handcent sms app and im tired of the double notifications. i read a thread about someone else with this same problem and someone replied they got rid of the original sms app and only had the handcent sms app on there phone. how do i delete the first party apps?? thanks in advance

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hi sorry ive been looking but i cant find an answer, i installed handcent sms app and im tired of the double notifications. i read a thread about someone else with this same problem and someone replied they got rid of the original sms app and only had the handcent sms app on there phone. how do i delete the first party apps?? thanks in advance

You can't remove the original app. All you need to do is go to your settings on your old SMS and set it for unclick notification of SMS.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
You don't have to remove the stock program, you can just disable it's notifications in it's option menu.

That's what I did.

Messaging > Settings > Notification and remove the check mark.

OP

831droid

Reaction score
You don't have to remove the stock program, you can just disable it's notifications in it's option menu.

That's what I did.

ohh ok thanks/ stupid me. either way id have to check the original program right since handcent runs off the original? like id still get messages to both just only one app will notify me i have an sms

nerdbox08

Reaction score

That's what I did.

ohh ok thanks/ stupid me. either way id have to check the original program right since handcent runs off the original? like id still get messages to both just only one app will notify me i have an sms

The messages will show in both apps but Handcent will be the only one notifying you. But if you don't access the default app you won't start the service so it won't effect your memory, etc.

OP

831droid

Reaction score

That's what I did.

The messages will show in both apps but Handcent will be the only one notifying you. But if you don't access the default app you won't start the service so it won't effect your memory, etc.

oh ok thanks so much.thats great to know. and thanks for the quick responses