Messaging issue

liquidzoo

Reaction score
So... I'm not sure if it's Handcent or my phone, but I recently had several text messages come in and vanish before I had a chance to read them. They are gone in both the stock app and in Handcent, so it's not an issue with just Handcent.

At first, I thought it was because the particular message was in a very long thread from my wife. I deleted it, and another long one; but I just now lost another message to the abyss.

Does anyone know what is causing this? Battery life isn't an issue. I was around 80% earlier, now around 60% (but I'll probably sit at 60% for the next 4 hours). If it's Handcent, I'll get rid of it if I have to. I hate to do so since it has the one feature I really want in an SMS replacement app (ability to set a per-contact LED color), but if it will prevent me from losing more messages from my wife, I will do it.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I had this issue too - I would get notification that I had a text but no new msg or it would show the previous msg I received in the pop-up box. I recently did a factory reset and had not noticed the issue since...I am not sure what was causing it but I have not had any issues since Sunday....I am using the stock msg'ing app and was prior to the factory reset as well....

OP
L

liquidzoo

Reaction score
I'm hoping for a solution that does not involve a factory reset, but I'll do it if I have to.

Not sure what a factory reset would do that wiping /data when installing a new ROM doesn't do. Can anyone clue me in on that piece?