Handcent SMS/Default SMS APP issue

tootsookay

Reaction score
i have a droid, someone stole it from me on thursday and i called the insurance and i got y new one today ! my issue is that on my other droid when i click messaging it would open handcent sms not the Android Messaging App that comes installed on the phone ! how do i make it open that directly(handcent sms not messaging app that came installed when i click messaging!?) instead of it keep opening the defult messaging app? Please help. aslo i keep getting double vibrates plus the sound for the notification i only want 1 vibrate and the sound like i had it set up before

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
First, go Settings < Apps < Manage < Handcent SMS < Clear defaults

Second, go to a contact, and send them a text, making Handcent the default action.

Finally, go into the stock app, and disable notifications.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
go into stock app uncheck notifications, that will get rid of 2x notifications
then go to settings>applications>menu>filter>all then scroll to messaging, tap it, and then clear defalts, then when u click on one of the apps it should ask u if you want to set a defalt.

OP
T

tootsookay

Reaction score
double notifications are gone but it still is not setting as default when i click messaging.! grr

OP
T

tootsookay

Reaction score
on my first droid when i tap Messaging it opens Handcent Sms not the stock.but on the new one it doesnt :icon_evil: it goes to the stock but when i click on a text thats already been composed then it opens Handcent but before it never did that, it would open handcent right when i click Messaging. anyone ?:motdroidvert:

OP
T

tootsookay

Reaction score
people here are useless they dont respond.. thank u

forkup

Reaction score
Heh, you got 2 responses that told you exactly what to do, if you can't follow directions maybe it's you that is useless...

OP
T

tootsookay

Reaction score
I did follow the direction man. Its still not working. When I click messaging it opens the stock sms. :/

b_salgado

Reaction score
I did follow the direction man. Its still not working. When I click messaging it opens the stock sms. :/
Don't click messaging... click Handcent. By clicking messaging, you are opening the native messaging app. Take it off your home screen completely and put Handcent up there.