Solved How to clear Google Chrome "share menu"

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
When viewing a page on Google Chrome, and you got the "share" button, a menu opens to allow you to chose, email, text, etc.

At the top there is a collection of people I've recently texted. Since many of these are not routinely used, I would like to clear all these text/email/other choices.

I have searched the forum and with Google, but I haven't found a solution that pertains to what I'm really trying to accomplish.
Any ideas or help are appreciated.
Thank you.

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
did you try deleting your history?
I deleted cache, history, everything. Not a life and death thing, I just don't want the phone to win.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I did a search and could not find anything about this, the only other thing I can think of is going into settings - apps - google chrome app - delete data. do you have a chrome account for your browser? maybe it is being saved there.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If you delete all data for the Chrome app that may or may not remove the Quick Share contacts from the share menu. Even if it does that list will just repopulate again as you use your various SMS apps. It seems to populate based on who you text / chat with via SMS. So you would have to continuously clear data to clear the list, which might not be an ideal solution. I think it's an embedded Android function and maybe not something solely within the Chrome app.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
I may leave that one alone as it's not an "imperative nuisance". It's really not causing a problem that must be fixed.
I'm going to work on getting Google drive on my laptop to sync with my Google drive on my phone. That would be more useful.
Thanks to everyone on the information.