Clearing Browsing History PERMANENTLY.

gatorbait

Reaction score
I agree, Bueller?!!! I've tried everything under the sun (at least from my perspective) and no matter what you do (i.e. clear history, clear cache, etc.) if you keep hitting the back button, it takes you back to previously viewed websites. Help?!!!

I don't know if this will work, but I at least have a theory you can try. While in the browser, click on settings, then click on windows. You should see a list of any open browser windows you have. Click the X next to any open windows you have. Then the browser will reopen to your specified homepage (and hopefully without any previous pages able to be reached with the back button).

Let me know if my theory works.

Mojoman

Reaction score
I don't know if this will work, but I at least have a theory you can try. While in the browser, click on settings, then click on windows. You should see a list of any open browser windows you have. Click the X next to any open windows you have. Then the browser will reopen to your specified homepage (and hopefully without any previous pages able to be reached with the back button).

Worked for me! Nice find.

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
ok i figured it out clear everything passwords, cache, history etc nor restore to deffault browser settings dont worry it wont get rid of your book marks. ok after that dont seach anything go to the bottom of google and go to settings and make it dont save searches hit save and yor done

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
....even after clearing all history and cahce etc if you simply hit the 'back' button on the phone 9 the reverse curve(d) button, you'll head right back to the previous webpage you were surfing.... any fix for this ?

Gotcha. Hit menu button, windows, and close them all. Your home page will load and THEN you clear all your stuff. Then back button just closes the browser. Had to do this while christmas shopping and finacee wanted to play with my new phone. She cannot be trusted...

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Worked for me! Nice find.

Missed this post... someone beat me to it.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
got a pop up saying that I'd loose all settings. Don't want to have to reconfigure everything. Just asking if someone has done this.

The popup is needlessly scary...at least in my experience there has been little or no need to reconfigure when clearing data for apps. Not a big deal.

MCMT

Reaction score
This seems to work for me:

Open the Browser
Menu Button
Select the Windows icon. This will display any open browser windows.
Select the minus symbol (-) next to any open window listed. This seems to clear the previous page history.

ras_hecko3

Reaction score
Easiest way I found to do this is with an app called History Eraser, The icon looks like one of the old school erasers with the red cardboard around it. From what I can see it cleans everything all at once.

Joseph668

Reaction score
Install Android Delete History

I've tried this all sorts of ways, yet the DROID seems to refuse to clear all browsing history. EX: keep tapping the back button, and all is still there after pressing all sorts of clearing/saving buttons.

Anyone have a fool proof solution to this that I am over looking?

What I've tried:

While on the main Google Search page, I enter Settings. I check and uncheck all the appropriate buttons, scroll down, and SAVE.

This does not seem to work. Sooo...

While in the browser, I tap the menu key, hit MORE, and go into SETTINGS. Under PRIVACY SETTINGS, I clear the cache, clear history, clear all cookie data, and clear form data.

This too does not seem to do the trick.

What am I missing???

-H-

Your troubles came as there are a lot of different versions of Android and/nor several SDKs used in the world.. Don't waste your time and let history deleting tools do it for you..

Android Delete History PRO saved my day and it's pretty fast :icon_ lala:

gabrielcorvis

Reaction score

No, you really didn't, I'm sorry to say. This clears everything, for sure...but that's the problem...it clears EVERYTHING. Including favorites. I don't want my favorites erased. I just want the browser history erased. I wouldn't even care in all honesty if it didn't apparently take up a butt-ton of memory, but it does. I've never been able to just clear the history from the browser, because it just force closes on me. Every time. I've also tried a couple of different apps that say they do this: android assistant and history eraser...they cleared app caches and search histories, but not the browser history. Any time I want it gone, I have to go in there and delete it, one page at a time, and it's time-consuming and really freaking annoying. So if anybody has any answers to this particular issue....I'd love to have 'em.

Last edited: