Automatic Notification Clearing

Dom87SS

Reaction score
i find it kinda annoying that when you receive a text it will show a icon on the top drop down bar that you have a new text. so you can either go to it by selecting the messaging icon or hit the drop down and click the text. from there you can reply and etc. but once the text is sent, or even if you just open/close the messaging app. the icon stays up on top that there is a message. it will not clear out of the notification box unless you hit the drop down and the clear button. Is there a way to clear notifications automatically after they have been activated? i cant seem to find anything in the phone it self, and cant seem to search the right words on here to find a answer. Maybe a down-loadable app from the marketplace?

R1Lover

Reaction score
Once I read mine it goes away.... maybe you have another issue with an app causing this?

OP
D

Dom87SS

Reaction score
hmmm wonder what would cause it. i noticed it the first day, and dealt with it for 2 days. then found out about Handcent SMS app. so i loaded that to see if that would fix it and help with teh 160 count cut off. the count cutoff it did, the notification clearing it didnt. So i uninstalled it and it didnt change anything. Reinstalled Handcent and made it the default program and still happens.