Broid Incredible FB Notification

tmdhpd

Reaction score
Hi Iam constantly getting a fb notification on my droid on the top bar and when I try and open it it will not load. All I see is a blank page and it keeps saying loading however nothing will open. It was a private message that someone sent me on FB and it goes directly on my text but I cant see the text any more because it is not there however its in my notification status bar and it wont go away even after I cleared it. I have uninstalled FB and reinstalled it and this has not helped. I had deleted it off my FB on the computer and my friend did too and it still wont go away.

Last edited:

Shamen74

Reaction score
Same issue on incredible, not a fb phantom msg, just a text message that will pop a notification every 2 minutes, but never open, "loading". Frustrating, looked for a while for a solution... still nothing... anyone?

OP
T

tmdhpd

Reaction score
there is no solution except to get a new phone which is what I did and it went away. I tried everything that verizon suggested and nothing made it go away until I got a new phone

Shamen74

Reaction score
Sorry someone had to get a new phone... I found the solution though. Didn't see this anywhere onthe internet.

To eliminate a phantom text message, I added a widget to the home screen (menu, add, widget, messaging). For some reason in this dialogue you can see the phantom message still exists. From here I was able to easily delete it and it has not been back. Knowing this... possibly there is a related solution for your FB message, such as the social stream widget or simliar. Good luck!

jensmith201

Reaction score
so then...

how do i delete this phantom message?? i can't figure it out once i get the widget there..