how to check the processor speed?

dale.j.gilbert

Reaction score
ive seen that the processor will get clocked at different rates (1.0 or 1.2ghz) after the ics update.

so how do you check that?

devils3023

Reaction score
Download an app called "quadrant standard" from the Play Store. Open it and select "system info". Will say either 1200 or 1000 under cpu.

devils3023

Reaction score
No prob. Yeah, some phones can be bumped to 1.2 and others can't. You can always root and download "setcpu" to overclock yourself.

Nezdude87

Reaction score
i'm overclocked to 1.25ghz using this method: [KERNEL][GSM/CDMA][ICS] Extra modules pack v0.1.3 (feat. overclock module) | Tweakerz - xda-developers
Tweakerz Over clock module (apk) For Motorola Droid Bionic - xda-developers

i barely figured it out, but i just extracted the .ko files from extra_kernel_modules_0.1.2.zip into /system/lib/modules then installed the Tweakerz app and followed the guide in the second link. pretty simple looking back, but i was confused with all the script stuff, didn't know i could just skip it by using the app.

i'm on .246, btw. this does work. i think i can go as high as 1.6ghz, but 1.25 is running pretty stable. i've used my phone HEAVILY today, and got 10 hours out of the extended battery. half the time i was using mobile hotspot, so i'm very satisfied with ICS and my decision to overclock :).

Reaction score
I have 1200MHz. No wonder my phone felt a little more faster :p. What was the CPU in Gingerbread>

Nezdude87

Reaction score
xPlatinum-Androidx said:
I have 1200MHz. No wonder my phone felt a little more faster :p. What was the CPU in Gingerbread>

1.0ghz. I've read that gb didn't run dual cores well or something (not sure how true that is). Even before i overclocked, ics was way faster.

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
I have to say I was about at my wits end with this phone before the ICS update. I was on a very old build with theory rom, off upgrade path, so I couldnt get the newest 905 update. This past weekend Id finally had enough and decided to try the House of Bionic thing, then manually update to ICS. Its made a world of difference with this thing, almost like its a different phone. I actually dont hate my phone any more.

And I just saw this thread, downloaded the quadrant app, and see my processor is at 1200mhz. That was a pleasant surprise. I got my bionic maybe a week or 2 after it was released last year so its not like it was even an older build. Moto has actually restored some of the faith Id lost in them and in Android overall.

rckrz6

Reaction score
No i didnt kill any backround apps but there not using a whole lot of cpu thats a big increase

Nezdude87

Reaction score
voodoodaddy said:
Did you kill all your background stuff? Im running stock 246/ICS at 1.2, ran quadrant after killing everything, got 2950.

That's what mine looked like at 1.2.