How to change default text image attachment selection

Domojin

Reaction score
Tried to do a search of the forums and couldn't find anything.

Since my phone updated to 4.1.2 every time I try to attach something to a text message it asks me to select from where I want to attach and gives two buttons "Just this once" and "Always". My daughter pressed the "Always" button and now I can't select any attachments other than camera pictures. I would like to know how to undo this change, as well as how to not ever allow "Always" to be clicked in this or other similar situations.

rogerutley

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note4
same problem... did you ever find a fix?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
This will differ a bit depending on your make and model of phone, but go to your main settings menu, find "Applications" (or similar) and there should be a "Default applications" option. Tap that and it should show you a list of every app that you've set as the default app for a certain action. Find "Gallery," or whatever you're trying to get rid of and tap clear.

lindsey54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
This will differ a bit depending on your make and model of phone, but go to your main settings menu, find "Applications" (or similar) and there should be a "Default applications" option. Tap that and it should show you a list of every app that you've set as the default app for a certain action. Find "Gallery," or whatever you're trying to get rid of and tap clear.
I have a Note 4 but if I tap default applications it does not list all apps and i do not see a clear button anywhere. Help! I'm trying to get back to where I had more options when I tapped images. Now just takes me to my pics