How to change/fix photo select option when texting.

King Bengals

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force -32G.
Hi,
I have a Moto Z Force running Android 7.0 OS. I might be crazy but I think my photo video selection options when I txt changed at some point. It used to be really easy. I'm using the Red Stock Txt App (google txt + I think) I like it over all particularly the emojis. But when I create a txt & want to add a pic or vid I hit the + button on the left side of the window. I swear that used to take me to a nice clean window in my photo gallery. Now I get a different screen & some pictures don't show up as options. I have a screen shot below of what I mean. It was really annoying over the holiday weekend when i was trying to txt pics to family & friends & I couldn't quickly & easily get to the picts. Some pics would show up like in the screen shot with the blue arrow (that was saved from a txt to me) but the greyed out pics (in the red box) I think were recently taken by my phone. I can not seem to figure out why some pics show up & some don't.
-Do I have some setting done wrong?
-How can I make it easier to quickly select the pics/vids I want to txt?
-What's going on with these blank cells? Why have not turned into view-able pics in days.
-Is there a way to make a pic show up somewhere other than on top? Like if I want to embed it in the middle of the message or at the bottom to add more emphasis to the picture..For instance.."Look at the monster fish I caught...(picture below that message" to drive the point home of the big fish. Here is the screenshot.

upload_2017-4-19_13-37-53.png

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That's the Verizon Message + texting app. I use the blue & white icon Google Messages. I just switched to Verizon Message + for a few minutes and my add picture options look slightly different that your screenshot. But my Verizon Message + version is old, I have not updated the app in months since I don;t use it as my default texting app. My guess is that there are some bugs in the Verizon Message + app with a recent app update. That app seems to be hit & miss at times; works great for a few versions and then buggy as hell for a version, then works great for a few versions, then buggy as hell again, etc., etc. Maybe keep your eye out for an app update on the Play Store and see if the adding a pic option improves?

Or someone else that does use Message + will have some advice.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Yes since I updated the app a week or so ago all the camera shots show up as the gray boxes. I just it the gallery and select camera where the proper picture is there. Only the camera pics do this, screenshots no problem. I'm sure they're working on this. Lol.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yup... same here with Message+. It's so fun when they "fix" things.

OP
King Bengals

King Bengals

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force -32G.
I just took a picture & it shows up as missing or greyed out. So it seems screenshots & saved videos do show up but pictures don't. I uninstalled VZ Mess+ Then reinstalled (they called it updated) & the same problem exits. This is really annoying. I'm going to see what happens if I switch to google mess. I'll keep you posted.

OP
King Bengals

King Bengals

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force -32G.
Yep I switch to the Blue Google messenger & all the picts show up just like I wanted them too. So it must be a VZ Mess + bug issue. I guess I'll switch to Google Mess & check back & see if VZ Mess gets fixed.