how to change battery icon on status bar

tracker1502

Reaction score
Hi, i'm fairly new at changing themes and icons and rom's but was curious if there was a way to change the battery icon in the status bar. I'm running Liberty 1.0 with BigDX green but wanted to change the battery icon to the one out of DarkSlide 4.2. It still does the 10% incriments but is easier for me to read and it's more detailed.

If this is possible, how do i go about changing it?

Thanks ahead of time! And mad props on a killer rom! My gf is sporting Liberty with pink BigDX and i'm doin the same with green!

mobile_sensei

Team Liberty
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Help 4 Ya

You use metamorph, plenty of batt icons on www.droidpirate.com or you can use setphins theme creator, link is in liberty theme list. post a pic of the icon you want, will see what i can do to help. also, i have a battery icon thread in this forum...:blackdroid:

Shelooga

Reaction score
Hi, i'm fairly new at changing themes and icons and rom's but was curious if there was a way to change the battery icon in the status bar. I'm running Liberty 1.0 with BigDX green but wanted to change the battery icon to the one out of DarkSlide 4.2. It still does the 10% incriments but is easier for me to read and it's more detailed.

If this is possible, how do i go about changing it?

Thanks ahead of time! And mad props on a killer rom! My gf is sporting Liberty with pink BigDX and i'm doin the same with green!

i did exactly this (while also swapping out almost every other icon) with the darkslide battery. you need a program or two to alter the framework-res file. i dont use ninja morph or any of them so if the above advice about ninjamorph doesnt work get at me and ill break down the process using 7zip

turdbogls

Reaction score
Download darkslide 4.2 on your computer, extract the system/framework folder. open that up, and find framework-res.apk. change the .apk to .zip. open up the framework-res.zip with your extractor tool, find your drawable-hdpi folder.
go into that folder and find you battery icons. they are called stat_sys_battery_0,10,20 ect and stat_sys_battery_charging_anim0,1,2 ect

save those files and move them to the SD card of your phone.

go to the market and get ninjamorph, new project, navigate to system/fraework/framework-res.apk and select it. NM will extract the images. go into the drawable-hdpi folder, navigate to your current battery images, click on the first one, it will open a window and you now navigate to where you saved the battery icons you want. select the corresponding new battery icon that you want to use instead of the old one you just selected.

do this for all the icons. takes like 2 minutes.

once finished. hit the back button until you are at the NM home screen, click finish project, select the framework-res.apk file, say yes to overwrite the original, i say no to zipalign, and no to delete the project, and yes to reboot. once it reboots, you should see your new battery icon.

OP
T

tracker1502

Reaction score
ok, changed the files and it works! awesome! now here's another question....for some reason the one that is on there only has 0-5 of the charge icons instead of having the full 0-10...how do i go about adding the extra few files?