Battery Icon...

Morkai Almandragon

Reaction score
OK this is petty, I know its petty, but it is driving me NUTS!

I honestly did not like the liberty theme in Liberty 1.0, however with 1.5 I am loving it, except the lack of battery % in the drop down.

No problem we have custom icons... YES, this rom ROCKS!!!

except the yellow ones suck (just my opinion i know), one has no %, and the other you can't read (cry). Anyhow, is there a way to modify options two and four in the list of battery icons? I would love to replace the green in those with yellow to match the liberty theme:)

I truly hope I don't offend the creators of the yellow battery Icons lol.

OP
M

Morkai Almandragon

Reaction score
Yes, but I am betting that since you can change the icons on this rom, there is a simple file, somewhere, I can copy, edit, and replace, to keep the functionality of changing on the fly, but with the new colors...

rndchef

Reaction score
Yes, but I am betting that since you can change the icons on this rom, there is a simple file, somewhere, I can copy, edit, and replace, to keep the functionality of changing on the fly, but with the new colors...

There is. rename framework-res to a zip and unzip it. Go into framework/res/drawable-hdpi, locate the files you want and replace with the identically named files from another source like battery files. Zip, rename and replace.

OP
M

Morkai Almandragon

Reaction score
thank you:)

one more question... I would guess there might be a way to remake only those files, then make a zip that could be installed via clockwork to anyone running this rom... where might i read how to do that?

OP
M

Morkai Almandragon

Reaction score
OK maybe not. That appears to be where currently used Icons are kept. This is not what I am looking for.

When you go to the battery Icon picker in this rom, and choose a new battery icon, it grabs those new files from somewhere, then puts them into the file you just described (or so I think), thereby replacing the old theme default files.

I want to know where that script grabs those fiels from, the ones that are NOT in current use.

If you replace those, instead of the one in current use, you can maintain the on the fly interchangeability but with new icons.

vtecduck

Reaction score
I may be wrong, but I think it downloads the file from a source like the themes. Once you select them it puts them into the download folder in the liberty folder on your SD.

vtecduck

Reaction score
Just tried it myself, idk where they're hiding lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk