How to block all calls/text messages?

brentsten

Reaction score
I'm running a rooted Droid with wireless tether installed. I'm sure anyone else running tethering their phone has noticed the lag in data whenever you get a text message or an email, or a complete disconnect when the phone rings or you take a call. Normally this wouldn't bother me when I'm just browsing the web, but I'm tethering to connect my Xbox to Xbox Live. Whenever I'm playing a game online, and receive a text or email the game lags. Whenever the phone even rings, I'm completely pushed out of the game I'm in. Are there any factory settings or even apps that I could download to force the phone in a sort of airplane mode, but still allow a data connection? I know I can turn off background syncing to stop emails, and block texts from specific numbers. Even forward specific calls to voicemail (after my handset intercepts them). But just an all in one shot to block it all minus data? I've searched the forum but haven't found anything specific for this, anyone have any ideas or solutions? Thanks guys.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
not that i know of. there might be an app out there that can help with this problem though...

bump

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The only problem is that the email comes through 3G (what Wireless Tether runs on). The only thing I can think of ATM is to turn the email sync off and uncheck auto retrieve in messaging.

DroidForums junkie!!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You are using your droid to play xbox live. I highly recommend people to tether sparingly and if you tether only go to sites your droid can go to.

OP
B

brentsten

Reaction score
I use it as my main internet access. I just moved and don't have internet set up here. I probably won't unless I get whacked by Verizon, but as of yesterday when I was having some connection issues, I spoke with a Verizon rep and I'd used 15 gigs in 15 days. They informed me there was no data cap and no throttling. She did say my data was high, but didn't even ask if I was tethering.