Cutting off cellular activity?

NJsFynest

Reaction score
Is there anyway I can cut off cellular activity? Like, not recieve any calls or text messages with a button?

Reason being is because I use Wireless Tether for a connection to Xbox Live. Whenever I get a text, games lag for a few seconds and it'll cut of on phone calls. It's very annoying and it's NEVER anything important so I don't mind missing calls. Thanks!

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Put it in airplane mode, there are tons of widgets that can do it, or you can long press the power button/lock button and it should be an option on that menu.

Xerozix

Reaction score
That won't work.

What he's trying to do, is maintain his data connection, cutting off all other forms of communication. Sort of like how Dialup used to be :p

I don't think there is anything you could do about this issue.

Yes I agree it's annoying, but what else are you going to do?

Maybe buy a new phone strictly for Data :p

OP
N

NJsFynest

Reaction score
Aww Poo =(

It kills me to say this but..... I could do that on my old Windows phone, cut off network connection with a button press.

But then again, I couldn't use Wireless Tethering with the Windows phone.

cynthialeas

Reaction score
Is there anyway I can cut off cellular activity? Like, not recieve any calls or text messages with a button?

Reason being is because I use Wireless Tether for a connection to Xbox Live. Whenever I get a text, games lag for a few seconds and it'll cut of on phone calls. It's very annoying and it's NEVER anything important so I don't mind missing calls. Thanks!

Create a profile specifically for this and you can press some shortcut buttons to enable it anytime.

OSX2000

Reaction score
It kills me to say this but..... I could do that on my old Windows phone, cut off network connection with a button press.

But then again, I couldn't use Wireless Tethering with the Windows phone.
Lol, then that's not exactly an extra point for WinPhone. Android can cut network connections with a button press too, but since it can tether, that also gets cut off.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
To say it plainly....if you cut off cellular activity what are you tethering too?? Without the network connection you have nothing to tether with.

Sent from somewhere...

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
He's trying to disable calls and texts and neither of those rely on data.

If using GV for all calls you can use the do no disturb feature but I don't think that would stop the text messages.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dont know if the technology will allow it. Someone would need to write middleware that sits between the radio and the phone software, so that the phone software was ONLY presented with data-type information. As soon as the phone is presented with voice-type information, it will switch modes and allow the call.

This may be possible, but I dont think it's been taken on.