Tethering 3g to Xbox 360?

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wish there was away to stop these threads. I wonder if DF can tag tether and xbox and not allow them in the same title. There is about 1 a month people should use the search bar.

I don't give a junk what you crazies want to do with your data, but think Verizon doesn't know or can't find out your nuts. I went over 5gb with a different company and they flat out told me I was tethering no doubt about it and I tried every angle around it but they new.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Actually, considering that people thinking the word unlimited frees them from responsible usage norms, thus increasing costs to consumers, costs ME money every month, yeah, its a little serious. Admittedly, I tether (once in a great while), but its only for small things that are a little more important in life than fragging noobs. Like when I have to register for classes and Im out on the road.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Edit: I can't believe you people are stealing this much! I mean, I steal too, but it's never that much.

mewshi

Reaction score
I never equated it to stealing. I simply said it's irresponsible usage.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

You didn't, I did. You have no right to tell people they shouldn't be tethering, and you definately shouldn't be complaining about them "raising your prices," when you're doing it yourself.

Pot meet kettle...

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'll go along with that. Has you bill gone up? Paying more than $29.99 for data? I agree that abusing data is irresponsible but, I still pay the sane thing every month. I tether too but have never gone over 5MB in a month because I don't abuse it.

DroidForums Junkie!!

mewshi

Reaction score
If enough people start irresponsibly using their data plans, vzw *will* raise their data rates, or eliminate the unlimited option altogether. It's only a matter of time with data usage going like it is.

mewshi

Reaction score
And i never said I'm against tethering, did I? I said I'm against using it for things that aren't that important. I like my video games, but they certainly don't justify using one of the most expensive (per unit of data) methods of data transmission available to most people.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Tethering to game is bad for your gaming experience, others' gaming experiences, and the network. The excessive data use you are currently racking up may cost you your Verizon contract, lock your phone down with a bad ESN, an Early Termination Fee, and prevent you from getting another Verizon contract for the rest of your life. Please stop. Also, please edit your post for profanity as this is a family-friendly forum. Thank you for your cooperation.

You really need to chill out and stop being an ___. I tether to my Xbox. So what? Tethering is in no way bad for me or other gamers. I have 3 out of 4 bar connection, while i constantly see people with 2 and 1 bars. So what you're saying is since they have a bad connection they shouldn't be able to play? That's ignorant. And it doesn't use a ton of data like you're saying. I got a bandwidth counter and Pandora uses a little bit less than playing MW2 on Xbox Live. By the way, can you give me proof of hearing someone getting a bad ESN, never being able to sign with Verizon, and an Early Termination Fee? No, you probably can't. Stop trying to scare people out of tethering, it in no way effects you. I've tried to be nice to everyone on this forum but you are taking it too far.

Edit: Also, you are not a Moderator. Stop trying to be.

Actually in a way he is a Mod as he is a Staff Member here.
You might want to read http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ne...06774-guidelines-conduct-droidforums-net.html and maybe change your attitude a little....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Listen people. Talk respectfully to each other. I don't want to see any name calling even if it's censored by you or the Forum censor. You can get an infraction either way. I'll reopen this when I'm finished cleaning.

mack19318

Reaction score
I do use a lot of data tethering. But I also go months without tethering at all. And I end up using a bunch of data anyways with out it. I use dagcatcher every day to download many podcasts, sirus radio app, and a few other apps that have been hacked but won't mention that are serious data hogs. I have used 8 gigs on a regular basis since before any droid came around and have never had any problems upgrading or continuing verizon service.
And I have a family member who has been grandfathered his data plan from years ago who also goes way over 8 gigs a month and has not had any problems with service either.
Prices change no matter what, its just how the economy works.
There are plenty of tales about how something will happen if everyone keeps doing it. But in the end does anyone really think verizon or any other company will step up and say the next price raise is because people tether their phones? No of course they won't. Just like insurence companies won't come out and say your rates are going up because this many people commited insurence fraud. The next time prices go up is there going to be a big post about "I told you so!" Nope that won't happen either because the next time prices go up everyone will say "dang" and go on with their lives and continue to pay.

sent from the peanut gallery

mewshi

Reaction score
Prices don't change for no reason; there is always a driving force behind price change.

Really, you can claim all you want that that's not how the economy works but A) it's happened numerous times in other fields of resources (gasoline is a notable example) and B) when you take a high-level economics course, you learn a lot of things, one of those being that it is perfectly acceptable to companies to raise prices to "throttle" the use of something (again, as was the case with gasoline).

mack19318

Reaction score
Prices don't change for no reason; there is always a driving force behind price change.

Really, you can claim all you want that that's not how the economy works but A) it's happened numerous times in other fields of resources (gasoline is a notable example) and B) when you take a high-level economics course, you learn a lot of things, one of those being that it is perfectly acceptable to companies to raise prices to "throttle" the use of something (again, as was the case with gasoline).
Of course the prices don't change for "no reason" there is always a reason.
And in your high-level economics course you might have learned about bad publicity. Like when a company would never admit outright to changing prices because of something they can't control. Gas prices for instance. Did you ever hear any of the companies saying they where raising prices because of the U.S. invasion? The phone companies will raise prices. No doubt about it. But they will never admit to the price raise because of something they can't control, makes them look bad/silly that they couldn't figure out how to stop it. Its like a major company settling a lawsuite out of court and you have to sign a non disclouser form.
They will pay you for what they did but won't say they where wrong and also don't want you talking about it.

sent from the peanut gallery