Blocking text messages

fussion101

Reaction score
I only have unlimted data and the basic 450 minute plan. This random person texted me twice and I'm being charged .20 for each message sent or received. Is it possible to block incoming messages?

ctlongley

Reaction score
Call Verizon or go to a store and have them block all SMS messages on your account - that is what I did. I do, however, now get unlimited SMS for FREE as I am using Google Voice as my primary number - not going to pay for SMS again!

usermmg

Reaction score
Or you can use the handcent sms app which allows for blacklisting of messages from any number.

88Droid

Reaction score
or.... you can login to your verizon account. click the "my services" button, then the "spam controls" button and block that number and up to another 4 for three months for free...

.. you know, just sayin! (no app necessary)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
or.... you can login to your verizon account. click the "my services" button, then the "spam controls" button and block that number and up to another 4 for three months for free...

.. you know, just sayin! (no app necessary)

I was tired when I recommended apps. There are other ways such as this to block. LOL sorry

88Droid

Reaction score
from what i'm aware of, if you use google voice as your voicemail service, (not with a google voice number) you cant block the call online... hope im not sounding confusing.

romeov

Reaction score
from what i'm aware of, if you use google voice as your voicemail service, (not with a google voice number) you cant block the call online... hope im not sounding confusing.

Nope, you are correct, you cannot. Which is another reason it boggles my mind that anyone uses the voicemail only option and not the full google voice number.. the differences are staggering.

but I understand the whole changing your number thing. I had the same number for 7 years until I switched to full GV with my droid. it took 10 minutes to alert my contact list and I haven't had one problem with anyone switching over.

So worth it