How soon will you buy the Droid?

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
So after emails, phone calls, etc I can't find a way to get a Droid on my line for the 2-year price. I now have two options. One is retail :)blink:) and the other is to get it on a new line and then move it over to my line. In the end I will pretty much be paying retail cost when you add up $10/mo plus taxes and whatnot.

If I do the new line thing I may be able to pick it up this weekend. If I do retail I have to wait until the last couple days of November :icon_eek:

Spinninghorse

Reaction score
What are the additional costs to add a new line, then move the phone over:
1) Cost plan for new line
2) contract for new line?
3) what happens to new line when you move the phone over?
4) Is there a cost to dump the old phone and move in a new phone?

I bet there are more questions in line with this tactic that I am not thinking of...

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
If any of you plan on buying from Walmart, I would call around. Several people are reporting that Walmart is selling them early if you get the right person. Also, they sell it for $188 plus tax. One guy posted his receipt to prove it. He paid $199 after tax, out the door.

kmc1828

Reaction score
ordering it at 1230am est tonight and it should be here on monday :)

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Noon today....had to come to work for a few hours. The wait is killing me.

pope66682

Reaction score
Got it!

Got mine this morning and am extremely impressed. Only complaint is the kb. But it might just be because my hands are too big

debroq

Reaction score
I was told by a saleman over the phone that if I order from him I get the rebate instantly instead of having to mail it in.

Stojko

Reaction score
I'll buy it whenever they release a GSM/HSPA version in Canada.

Varking

Reaction score
I picked still on the fence, but the truth is I am hoping to get it for Christmas. If not, I will purchase it myself for my birthday in January.

WRSnyder

Reaction score
Did it Nov 6....was due to new every 2...was much better than a berry

MrTommy

Reaction score
Being basically cheap, I'm waiting for April 2010 for my contract to expire. Then both my wife AND I will be getting Droids. We looked at them today and got hooked, but the price before our renewal was astronomical... They said something about an early upgrade 'thingie' but it just didn't make economic sense. I'll live with my LGnv2 until next April. But man, I sure do love the looks (and feel) of this new 'phone'. Our monthly bill will go up almost $60 - and that is another consideration. Jeeez, it's 'spensive to run these things! :cus:

However, by hanging out on this site, we'll be the most informed pre-owners out there - ha.

I can see that when I retire I'll have to re-think how much money I want to spend on cell/smart phones. Just like my current satellite radio sub, I might have to throw them overboard when income becomes limited. Damn!

ResMJM

Reaction score
I just bought it and am waiting on it in the mail. I should get it tomorrow

Sogge

Reaction score
I had bad timing on my order, so should Arrive monday.. Long weekend ahead..