How soon will you buy the Droid?

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thought it would be cool to see actually how many people have pre-ordered the Droid phone (Moto Droid or HTC Eris)..

BlkSSon22s

Reaction score
I haven't decided what to do..Not sure if there will be a line at my VZW store, or if I should just call Verizon early Friday and order it though them. I never have luck at the stores, always had my success with calling in.

Getaphixx

Reaction score
I'm reading that if you go to Bestbuy to order your phone it is going to mess with some kind of new phone every 2 yrs thingy... So I still need to read up on that.. But I could go either way. Verizion pre-order or Bestbuy pre-order..

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
oh crap.. looks like the nov 6th option is popular! maybe i should pre-order..

Guindalf

Reaction score
How and where can you pre-order? I read about the BB thing, but I can't find anywhere to pre-order.

I have a $100 NE2 to apply if that makes a difference.

Otherwise I already have secured time off on Friday morning!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I pre-ordered my Tour but this device I have to get my hands on immediately. I'll be out front at 6am for a 7am opening.

Maybe I'll get there earlier. I don't like looooooong lines unless I'm up front : )

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
I will be at my local VZW Store Bright and Early on Nov 6th with all the rest of us geeks who can't wait to get our hands on the DROID !!! My Local Store opens at 7am.

OfTheDamned

Reaction score
My upgrade date isn't until Christmas. I am thinking about adding a line for my son and giving him an older phone or seeing if VZW will let me upgrade a little early, but I have a feeling that the Droid will end up being my Christmas present.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
My upgrade date isn't until NEXT Christmas haha so I am going to pay the 1-year price as soon as I can. I am getting Married at the end of November so all my money currently goes into preparing for the wedding. Once the wedding is over, I will pick up the Droid as a wedding present to myself haha. So I won't get mine until the last couple days of November or the first few of December. It feels like its soooo far away... :nerd:

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
my upgrade isnt until march and im still in the new every two for $200.00 so i think its more worthwhile for me to wait.

unless i can upgrade early but we'll have to see how that goes.

Spinninghorse

Reaction score
My upgrade date isn't until April. ugh! I just discovered this phone and it is exactly what I am looking for. I was afraid I was going to have to get an iPhone... :icon_ devil:

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
My upgrade date isn't until April. ugh! I just discovered this phone and it is exactly what I am looking for. I was afraid I was going to have to get an iPhone... :icon_ devil:

Put your fears to rest now. The Droid is upon us soon. Even if I wasn't up for a NE2, I would still be standing in line at my local VZW Store this Friday. I just really hate to WAIT !! After all, it's only MONEY :p

Welcome to DroidForums Spinninghorse !!!

xjman349

Reaction score
Being an vzw employee really sucks sometimes. I hope they dont delay the release for employees like they have in the past.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Being an vzw employee really sucks sometimes. I hope they dont delay the release for employees like they have in the past.

thats kinda dumb you would think they would allow you guys to get the phone 1st even if its only a day or two. Just by having a phone for a day or so would allow you to answer most of the new user questions.

xjman349

Reaction score
It is really weird man. I know it sucks and that is kind of a knee jerk reaction being a huge tech geek but honestly, they must put something in the water, because I would much rather have you guys be able to get it than a VZW rep including myself. We have already been playing with the devices a ton, so we hopefully will be able to answer all if not most questions you have. :)