How quickly does verizon recycle numbers?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
its time to start assigning phone numbers at birth. keep it for life no matter who your carrier is or whether its a land-line/cell. Should solve just about everything

Until you start getting stalked and want to change your # ..

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe it is a 6 week approximate recycle period for a cell phone number. About a year ago we switched phone numbers on my son's phone, and within a week we had to change it again because bill collectors called non-stop. About 2 months ago my wife and I changed our phone numbers because we moved to a new area code in eastern PA and wanted local numbers. Fortunately for both of us, we do not get wrong numbers very often, maybe once every 2 weeks. Certainly can't complain about that.

You can block 5 numbers from MyVerizon online or calling CS. They block for 90 days and there's no charge for the service. Maybe for some people that will help.

As for the O.P. - it's too bad it escalated that badly. If there were death threats to you, then you know you can file charges against them. Sounds like it was maybe kids doing this. Did they block their phone numbers? If not, I'd start calling them back today, but do *67(then their 10 digit number). It will show as "unavailable" on their phone.

Changing a phone number is always a bummer, but you can always get your number changed due to harassment for no charge.

Mojo

Reaction score
Hey I will let you in on a little seceret. VZW number recycle period for numbers is nearly immediate. They don't wait 6 weeks at all. Maybe 2 weeks at the most.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey I will let you in on a little seceret. VZW number recycle period for numbers is nearly immediate. They don't wait 6 weeks at all. Maybe 2 weeks at the most.
Do you work for VZW? When I worked for VZW, it was 6 weeks. Maybe it changed since I left a year ago.

Mawnee

Reaction score
Had the same issue. Was getting dirty pics sent and random calls at 1am. Finally had to return the calls and say "Hi this isnt your friends number anymore......"

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got calls and texts immeadiately after getting my number, can count on one time per week so far... recycle my a$$.

One idiot would not stop texting me, thinking "X" (previous # owner, a woman) was playing with him, finally "X" agreed to meet him at a non-descript location for you name it, I picked a random location from the area way out there in bumble-f. :)

I've also decided at this point that those who don't get the hint and ask "X" if they are still at work get a response that "Yeah, but I'll ask my pimp if I can get out early", etc.

Terrible that this person can't tell others she has a new phone.

Mojo

Reaction score
Yes.. well until last week. :( I know this because I've activated a line of service, had them cancel, activated for another customer and they ended up with the same number I assigned with the customer that canceled. And there was only a few weeks between the activations.

Do you work for VZW? When I worked for VZW, it was 6 weeks. Maybe it changed since I left a year ago.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I just answer all unknown numbers as "City Morgue"....
I get very very few call backs.