Blocking numbers

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
So recenty, somehow a fraudulent pharmacy scam has been calling me constantly.

I looked them up, somehow they find cell numbers and start calling you and saying "hello "your name" this is your pharmacy". I've never gotten past that part, as I knew the obviously Arabic man(sometimes woman) wasn't my pharmacist. No racial offense intended.

Well today I was rather rude to the person who called me, as it's quite frustrating to be constantly called by someone trying to scam you.

This resulted in a massive phone call session, where this person had literally 100 different phone numbers call my droid. I blocked them as much as I could, but I realized how much trouble these kinds of people/companies can cause someone.

I have Call & SMS Black List(CBX) and it blocks numbers well, but I called Verizon and they have no way to even block numbers from out of the US(these people are obviously not in the US).

Is there a way to report these numbers and at least have all the numbers I've attained revoked, or a better way to block numbers that aren't numbers that are in my phone?

Just looking for any advice really, other than changing my number as this would result in a massive update on all contact info/business/online banking ect...

Thanks in advance-

OP
Liderc

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you think the local police would even take this sort of complaint seriously? I wouldn't mind doing it, but it may not even be in their jurisdiction, considering the numbers are probably from outside the US.

I was really hoping verizon could do something, where they could report the numbers as a pharmacy scam, which would probably be a big deal to the DEA, who would definitely take it seriously.