How quickly does verizon recycle numbers?

koralyne

Reaction score
Cuz seriously, getting calls from people who are asking for people who probly used to have the number have been calling my mothers phone, and tonight, im getting some a**holes calling me at midnight nonstop (from three different numbers) for the past TEN MINUTES, even though i told them that they have the wrong number. (actually after i told them they had the wrong number, i started getting calls from multiple different numbers

-_-

so, the question at hand. How long does it take verizon to recycle numbers?

Champers

Reaction score
I have had my number for three years and I STILL get some car dealership and some guy's grandma calling me once a month. I have told them both MULTIPLE times that they have the wrong number, but clearly...nobody cares.

OP
koralyne

koralyne

Reaction score
so uh, apparently i stole this guys phone. What a riot...

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Same situation here , getting some interesting calls . Good thing they are at 1 AM when I'm awake and not early in the morning :) . Also getting a few text messages per week with some parties invitations , I was thinking I might just honour the invitations , they seem like nice people :p

OP
koralyne

koralyne

Reaction score
so uh, if anybody is wondering, it escalated to death threats, and i had to call the cops.

dammit, i just wanted to sleep tonight -_-

Reaction score
Same situation here , getting some interesting calls . Good thing they are at 1 AM when I'm awake and not early in the morning :) . Also getting a few text messages per week with some parties invitations , I was thinking I might just honour the invitations , they seem like nice people :p
lawls you might as well honor the invitations, and who knows maybe you'll get lucky ;) hahaha
so uh, if anybody is wondering, it escalated to death threats, and i had to call the cops.

dammit, i just wanted to sleep tonight -_-

damn dude tell them your with the FBI and then they'll stop calling :)

OP
koralyne

koralyne

Reaction score
i told them i called the cops cuz they threatened to kill me and they havent really contacted me anymore...

coincidence? I THINK NOT!!

(actually, as i typed that they called again @_@)

ldimick

Reaction score
i told them i called the cops cuz they threatened to kill me and they havent really contacted me anymore...

coincidence? I THINK NOT!!

(actually, as i typed that they called again @_@)

Whats the number showing up in caller ID?

OP
koralyne

koralyne

Reaction score
doesnt matter anymore, they stopped calling me. They realized they had the wrong number after they told me they had the phone go missing tonight, and i told them i had the phone for about 2 months. dont you love idiots? -_-

brianes99

Reaction score
VERY quickly. I bought phones for the kids, and have spent quite alot of time calling numbers back and calling verizon. One number i called back was answered by a mom of a kid whose friend had the number my nephew got. She said that the kid switched phones not even a month ago. So I guess once the number is back in the pool, it could get recycled pretty quickly

Rollingbones

Reaction score
I've got my number about 10 years ago when Verizon was Airtouch (I'm on my 6th phone with them). I still get calls looking for someone else, though admitedly, not very often. I do know that having enough numbers has become a problem since we've been moving from one number per household to one number per person over the past few years.

Last edited:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I remember when I had cingular I got the motorola slvr, piece of crap, anyways, the voicemail already had someone elses message on it .. same with the other # I got at the same time..

brianes99

Reaction score
which means

its time to start assigning phone numbers at birth. keep it for life no matter who your carrier is or whether its a land-line/cell. Should solve just about everything

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
its time to start assigning phone numbers at birth. keep it for life no matter who your carrier is or whether its a land-line/cell. Should solve just about everything

I think you just re-invented Google Voice.

Seriously, however, the short supply of available numbers is a problem. It used to be that carriers waited a full year before reassigning a number. But the combination of multiple numbers per household and the way numbers are allocated to carriers means that a particular carrier can run short of numbers. And this problem is greater at Verizon than any other carrier simply because they have more subscribers.

If it helps, VZW (and as far as I know other carriers) will waive the fee for giving you a new number if you let them know you're receiving calls for a previous subscriber.