How prevent lock screen from waking when notifications happen at night

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
At night some notifications which are silent still wake the lock screen even though they don't show on the lock screen is there a way to make it so only things like the the phone and alarm can wake the screen and maybe nothing else
Is there a way to check which notification is doing it?
It wakes me up sometimes

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If you want to see a list of recent Notifications, there is a built in widget for that.

Long press an empty screen area > select Widgets > scroll down and find the Settings 1 X 1 widget > you will be prompted for which Setting to associate with the new Widget > select Notification Logs.

When you open that widget it will display all recent Notifications. I think it keeps a few hours worth at a time. Maybe that will help pinpoint what is waking the screen?

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I found this that I am gonna try
Tap Settings > Sound > Do not disturb > Block visual disturbances, then enable the Block when screen is offsetting.

It seemed like it was a Gmail notification but other tests it did not happen
Can other peopel test if Gmail lights screen when locked?

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
If you want to see a list of recent Notifications, there is a built in widget for that.

Long press an empty screen area > select Widgets > scroll down and find the Settings 1 X 1 widget > you will be prompted for which Setting to associate with the new Widget > select Notification Logs.

When you open that widget it will display all recent Notifications. I think it keeps a few hours worth at a time. Maybe that will help pinpoint what is waking the screen?

It randomly happened again and seemed to be Gmail that maybe woke the screen when. It usually does not it's annoying when the light wakes me

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
It randomly happened again and seemed to be Gmail that maybe woke the screen when. It usually does not it's annoying when the light wakes me

It also may have been wifi setting connected listed in the light is there a way to have wifi connection notifications not wake screen?

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2

I just saw it happen screen lit up and only notification was Gmail. How can I set it so Gmail notifies in notification bar but does not wake screen. Other people try and let me know what behavior you see

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Just as simple as that :D
I use a wireless charging pad so it lights up the room. Even though I turned off Gmail alerts other things seem to wake the screen between 545 am and 6am anybody else notice this
It's like system messages in log like wifi and other things that maybe do something around that time like checks

It's wicked annoying somebody else must have seen this

Been thinking about putting a box over it while charging

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If it's that bad and wakes you up from sleep every morning you might want to consider using the OEM charger and lay it face down while you sleep.

No Notifications light up my whole screen, they just fade in slowly once and that's it.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I like the wireless so I don't have to fumble to plug in at night.