How much memory is standard onboard Droid1?

mrmark27

Reaction score
I have an original droid and pretty soon ill be eligible for an upgrade. I love the f outta this phone, however my main gripe has been that the onboard memory is really small and I cant install that many apps. I think this may haveto do with being rooted and the rom but thats something that I would want on any phone going forward. Does anyone know how much onboard memory comes on the original Droid, it looks like most of the newer phones come with 2 gigs onboard memory so I would assume that should be a hella lot more than what was on the original droid but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks!

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Memory or storage? These are two different terms.

Memory (RAM) on the OG Droid is 256mb. This is a painful amount. 512 should be the absolute minimum, but most new (high end) devices will be coming with 1 gig.

Storage on the OG Droid is 512mb. SD card up to 32gb. I think this is what you're referring to. Most new (again, high end) phones are coming with a minimum of 16gb of storage (i.e. Droid 3) which should be plenty for most. Throw in a 32gb high speed sd card and you're set.

OP
M

mrmark27

Reaction score
Yes, storage is where I was referring. Sorry for the confusion, the brain wasn't quite on yet. Thank you for that info, thats exactly what I needed to know