droid1 rom?

0chilly

Reaction score
hi all, thanks for reading. long time forum reader, been slacking recently though :)

i have an original droid1 a855 with liquid rom on it and have been pretty satisfied.

the phone is 2+ years old now and showing its age. i'm wondering if there's a newer/better ROM to put on my phone to get another year or two out of it. since verizon ditched their "new-every-two" feature, i am stuck with no upgrade options, other than spending $100 for a droid razr on my family plan. :( i need to keep it under $50 for a nice phone, and nothing at that price range seems to equal/beat my droid1 at the moment.

soooooooo is there a new custom ROm available for my phone? i was a fan of project elite & lithium rom as well, back when my phone was new, but have not really been "in the loop" for the past year or so since Liquid rom was so good and did everything i wanted :)

Thanks for your help everyone!
Jer

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used to run Liquid on my D1, but because he builds for so many other devices, all the newer features made my phone run a little sluggish. I came across the CushZero ROM here in the forums and it absolutely made my D1 run like new again. He built it off of Liquid (so it's the same Liquid goodness), but he stripped out a lot of the unnecessary features that bogged down the D1 on Liquid's ROM. He also added in tweaks of his own. I'd give that a shot if you truly are interested in a new ROM. If you'd rather stay on Liquid, then doing what CJM has suggested and linked to should help immensely.

Daballa

Reaction score
Check out Steel Droid 10.3, you won't be disappointed. It is currently the only rom still actively supported and updated.

OP
0chilly

0chilly

Reaction score
Steel Droid sounds interesting, thanks Daballa. I will try the instructions CJM posted to see if that helps. If not, I will definitely try out Steel Droid :) I would only move to an active ROM, or back to stock.

dasanman69

Reaction score
I was just going to recommend Steel Droid but got beat to it. Its bascically CM7 with a few additions