How many times were you forced to do a factory reset?

How many times were you forced to reset your Droid since you've had it?

• 0 (Lucky b*tch...)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-4

• 5-9

• 10+

• Total voters

CDB

Reaction score
I hard reset my phone, on average, I'd say at least once a week, if not more. Its certainly not something I 'need' to do...but it takes all of 5 minutes to do, you don't have to speak to anyone and it puts you back to Square 1 with a fresh install. Anything that I care to keep backed up, gets backed up to my SDCard and everything else that I care about is in the cloud.

I realize I'm in the minority but I also have a feeling people are a little timid to hard-reset because they think it's bad for the phone or that you have some limited amount of times to re-activate it or that it looks suspicious to Verizon in some way. I've heard quite a few reasons, none of which were related to getting the phone set back up how it was pre-reset, as to why people avoid doing it. To each their own.

kijutsu

Reaction score
Times I had to reset my phone for inexplicable problems: 0
Times I had to reset my phone because I did something massively stupid: 3

:icon_ banana:

Reaction score
ONCE, the night i got it...i forgot the pattern...then the email bypass would not work. so i had to do a force factory reset/reboot...but since then..all is good nothing wrong, i bought my droid on 1/6 and behind the battery said 39/9

lockman

Reaction score
None, no battery pulls either, though I never get much past 100 hours of up time without having to turn it off.

Jzaga053

Reaction score
i have done it multiple times because of home++ i think. once 2.1 comes around, i plan just to use that - home++ is not worth it... i just want the 5 home screens really

3turner

Reaction score
0 times for me.
Bought my :motdroidvert: on 11/7. I have done a couple soft resets though.

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
Phone kept shutting off yesterday. Didn't install any new applications or anything. Had to do factory data reset. Tried battery pulls, turning off/on, those didn't work.

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
Battery pull here and there. everyone wil have to do one eventually.

Factory reset once, I forget why but had to completely start from scratch.