How many DROID Apps Do You Have?

TimChgo9

Reaction score
I have 67 both apps and games.. I am surprised I have that many...

And, there are at 3 or 4 more I want to get from the Market...

JoeyLS319

Reaction score
51 and looking for more. I hated using the cell phone before I got the Droid. Now I have it with me all the time and I constantly use it for work and school and my 6 year old uses an app to practice her math facts.

I don't know where I would be without it now.

rda990

Reaction score
105 :( I don't know what half of them are doing on my Droid thought...its like if i don't need them at all but i still want to keep it/one day i will use it...

haythem1992

Reaction score
201 it takes a while for my app drawer to load up when I turn on my phone lol. I only have 32mb left

bdr0023

Reaction score
is there a way to run apps from the sd card? or are we limited to the internal memory?

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
...I am trippin that you guys have hundreds of apps and don't see the effect onyour phones performance...
One day I had a lightbulb light up over my head.... " why the heck am I using my phones internal memory when I can just use the app store for storage"???

For example "tip calculator"... I might use it once a month or less...it takes 15 seconds to download and install and another 15 seconds to use it ...or even Google Earth... I played around with it a lot at first but how often am I really gonna use it now??

So I wiped out my phone apps and started over

OOHHHH MY GOD!!! The speed is unreal... I had gotten so used to the gradual slow down.. I forgot how fast this phone really was when it was clean and mean

So now this has led me to dump apps that I never thought I would do without like that stupid facebook app and beautiful widgets... all these apps that are constantly running and communicating with other apps and syncing and geo-locating and updating and searching and AAAAAAHHHHHRRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!

Gone... uninstalled

My browser smokes now... it's ripping, shredding fast!!!
Clicking, scrolling, flipping between screens is a kick when the Droid is runnin at it's best

I was sittin next to a dude at Honolulu intl. Airport the other day and we noticed eachothers Droid and it started.... you know... that Droid thing.... he was all ready to show me his bugless beast and I was gettin my DroidMod on... he saw me clicking on a few different things and getting out of the browser to show off my hi-res blue and dude just freaked ...."W-T-F ... ITS LIKE A WHOLE DIFFERENT DROID... WHAT ARE YOU RUNNING DUDE.... "?????

Clean and mean bro.... cleen and prissteeen

Then I couldn't get him to shutup and leave me alone

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
48 after uninstalling a handful of useless stock apps when I loaded Smoked Glass.

Most I use frequently (mostly what I call utilities/function, like Locale, Calwidget, Astrid, or Dolphin browser) or like to have in a pinch (i.e. Cab4Me, Shopsavvy, Flashlight). There are probably another 5-10 I'll eventually get around to adding. Only game I have so far is solitaire, so I think 70 apps is a pretty reasonable number.

AppsOrganizer is great. I have 8 shortcut folders organizing them all, so they come up pretty quick and only around 8-12 apps per folder, although I still use the app drawer (which now works pretty quick and smoothly overclocked to 800) rather than scroll a few screens over.

Sounds like a year from now when a lot more apps are out there a lot of people in this thread are going to be struggling with the limits of the lousy 256megs of ram. But I think there's an app for that,LOL

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
...I am trippin that you guys have hundreds of apps and don't see the effect onyour phones performance...
One day I had a lightbulb light up over my head.... " why the heck am I using my phones internal memory when I can just use the app store for storage"???

For example "tip calculator"... I might use it once a month or less...it takes 15 seconds to download and install and another 15 seconds to use it ...or even Google Earth... I played around with it a lot at first but how often am I really gonna use it now??

So I wiped out my phone apps and started over

OOHHHH MY GOD!!! The speed is unreal... I had gotten so used to the gradual slow down.. I forgot how fast this phone really was when it was clean and mean

So now this has led me to dump apps that I never thought I would do without like that stupid facebook app and beautiful widgets... all these apps that are constantly running and communicating with other apps and syncing and geo-locating and updating and searching and AAAAAAHHHHHRRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!

Gone... uninstalled

My browser smokes now... it's ripping, shredding fast!!!
Clicking, scrolling, flipping between screens is a kick when the Droid is runnin at it's best

I was sittin next to a dude at Honolulu intl. Airport the other day and we noticed eachothers Droid and it started.... you know... that Droid thing.... he was all ready to show me his bugless beast and I was gettin my DroidMod on... he saw me clicking on a few different things and getting out of the browser to show off my hi-res blue and dude just freaked ...."W-T-F ... ITS LIKE A WHOLE DIFFERENT DROID... WHAT ARE YOU RUNNING DUDE.... "?????

Clean and mean bro.... cleen and prissteeen

Then I couldn't get him to shutup and leave me alone

The funny thing about stuff like tip app is you really don't need it. Just press the search button, then microphone, ask what 20% of the bill is (or whatever) and Droid will tell you what it is.

There are a lot of unnecessary apps IMHO

DroidxRage

Reaction score
reflashed a nandroid to go to ESE53, now I'm running about 20 apps or so, down from 170+ :lol:

I'm slowly adding some back as I need them, but I'm gonna leave a bunch off as I hardly use most of them. I'm thinking I can settle at around 50 or so. :)

butch350

Reaction score
Apps... non rooted Droid

3Banana notes
advanced task manager
astro file manager
barcode scanner
compass
FeedR news app
note everything notes
pure grid calendar widget
quick app clean cache
slideit keyboard
touch input keyboard
unit converter
weatherbug elite
zenith that replaced google sky

225mb mem left.

ginormus

Reaction score
38 for me.

I use about 8 of them at least daily.

About 10 of them I don't really use but keep them on there to show off to others all the cool stuff DROID apps can do just to hear them respond, "wow".

The rest are occasional use.

lschicky

Reaction score
I had 244 (including core apps) before I did a factory reset recently. It was slowing down my droid quite a bit, and I wasn't using most of them. So I did a factory reset, which still left some of the one I had downloaded on there, but it was enough to go find new stuff to download! Don't know how many apps I have right now. But it's running better.