How many DROID Apps Do You Have?

rharrisky

Reaction score
OMGosh! I have 201 apps and had no idea it was that many! Time to see if I can clean some out.

Coosa Droid

Reaction score
I have 142 apps installed about 12 widgets (not all running)
and live wallpaper with about 20 wall papers installed. Also have three e-mail accounts updating. Didn't realize I was taxing the phone this hard.

Droid still runs fine but a little slow on some of the very complex wall papers.

Running bugless beast 0.8 no o/c, shows 101Mb free when most apps have been killed. 60-70Mb free when in heavy use. Battery last most of the day.

Really pisses off all of the iPhoone guys at work since my Droid is still smoking them on the internet.

SoDroid

Reaction score
and live wallpaper with about 20 wall papers installed. Also have three e-mail accounts updating. Didn't realize I was taxing the phone this hard.

Droid still runs fine but a little slow on some of the very complex wall papers.

Running bugless beast 0.8 no o/c, shows 101Mb free when most apps have been killed. 60-70Mb free when in heavy use. Battery last most of the day.

Really pisses off all of the iPhoone guys at work since my Droid is still smoking them on the internet.

You have 60-70 mb free during heavy use? I only have 93 apps (now) and maybe 10 widgets but I have 30mb free during heavy use. In fact, I never have more than 65 free. I've NEVER had 100 mb free to my knowledge. Does anyone know how this can be?

I've heard similar figures from others but I don't know why I'm so far off.

mtgeorge

Reaction score
I have 18 apps in addition to the 'stock' ones that the Droid came with.

Brokn68

Reaction score
1 MILLION apps!
Austin_Powers_Mike_Myers_as_Dr_Evil.jpg

Coosa Droid

Reaction score

You have 60-70 mb free during heavy use? I only have 93 apps (now) and maybe 10 widgets but I have 30mb free during heavy use. In fact, I never have more than 65 free. I've NEVER had 100 mb free to my knowledge. Does anyone know how this can be?

I've heard similar figures from others but I don't know why I'm so far off.

Not long after I posted this battery power went to pot. (6-8 hours max. I used the phone all day at woirk.) Since I overclokced the phone I now have set CPU, Temp Monitor, Task Killer, Helix 2 Launcher and Live Wallpapers running, in addition to the widgets, free memory had dropped to 40-45M (reported from app manager and task killer)

Widget running are Beautiful Home Skinned
New from the New and Weather Widget
Set CPU Widget
Aduiomanager Widget
Battery Widget
Drocap2 running iin notification bar

Moved street view, Browser, and Market cache to SD card. Also removed corporate calendar and I am about to remove the factory home launcher.

This may have helped, although Helix Launcher seems to be a bit of a memory hog.

Although battery life and speed have improved when I switched to BBv.9. Battery life improved even more once I overclocked with Adamz LV kernal. Usually set to 800MHz on demand stepped down when battery reaches 50% and again at 35%. 250MHz while asleep. Speed is snappier at 600-800MHz. Saw no real need to go to 1100MHz regularly.