how many are switching to GB from Liberty?

Switching from Liberty to the Rooted Gingerbread leak?

• Yes, I already switched to GB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I have no intention of switching till an Official release from VZW

• No, waiting for a gingerbread based custom ROM

• No, waiting to see how other people are liking the new GB leak

• Total voters

crypto

Reaction score
I'm still running Liberty 1.5 but now that Gingerbread has been rooted I'm thinking of making the switch.

Where are you guys at? Anyone already move over to GB or are you guys holding out for a GB Liberty ROM?

Ryphez

Reaction score
Kinda wish I waited for the rooted Gingerbread because I'll have to sbf my phone now, but GB is still worth it without the root. It's so much faster!

El Poblano

Reaction score
Gotta say, I LOVE the new gingerbread. In fact the only thing that could make me switch back is an amazing Liberty ROM. Although if they had a GB based ROM... =)

epsilonbass

Reaction score
Should add another vote for "Already been there and back to liberty" Cause that's where I am at, and I'm sure other people have done that as well. I was just curious to check it out. Honestly it looks a bit slicker, but don't really notice anything gingerbready about it.

Plus I never really understood how to use all the "social activity" blur stuff, and while the new version looks cooler, it's still as clunky and useless it seems.

Just as a point of interest for anyone RSD'in back to 2.2, GB puts updated phone drivers on your computer that makes the RSD fail (at least it did for me), make sure to uninstall them, and get the proper drivers!

Vismal

Reaction score
I flashed the initial gingerbread leak, then just finished the process of getting rooted gingerbread leak. Gingerbread is FAST. Motoblur while improved, still sucks. I will probably stay on gingerbread from here on out. I love liberty to death but I doubt I'll go back to froyo to get the update. I have a feeling a gingerbread liberty rom won't be too far away...at least I hope...

Otechmobile

Reaction score
I flashed to GB. It was worth it. But about to flash using RSDLITE AND SBF. Didn't get Rooted version. Downloaded the rooted version but haven't tried it yet. Flashing back to get ready for rooting have a problem im addicted to change all the time. Roms are my weakness. Still love it.

Pellegrini406

Reaction score
I flashed the new rooted GB and i'm confused why people are hating it because this thing is great and I love the way it looks. It's super fast and im getting some great battery life and quadrant scores. But no doubt I am waiting for a Liberty Rom for this release. dancedroid

chasm31

Reaction score
I sbf'd back to stock and put liberty back on. Gb is nice and all ESP with root, but blur still sucks IMO. Until there is a blurless aosp gb, i'm holding out for new version of liberty. New blur is step in right direction, but I prefer aosp.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I sbf'd back to stock and put liberty back on. Gb is nice and all ESP with root, but blur still sucks IMO. Until there is a blurless aosp gb, i'm holding out for new version of liberty. New blur is step in right direction, but I prefer aosp.

same here. ran gb for about 24 hrs but had to come back to liberty.

twalbaum

Reaction score
I'm on GB and haven't decided if I will stay or not. I like it, but I also like Liberty. I think one of the biggest setbacks for me right now is the lack of GB ROMs. I'll pounce on the first ROM I see and run it until Liberty makes it's way to GB. If I'm lucky, the first ROM will be Liberty! But I'm generally not a very lucky person...

chasm31

Reaction score
Yeah def waiting for rom. Didn't like the teal and white screens. Almost blinded me lol.

fox_dye

Reaction score
Im using gb right now. Might check out liberty again if there is an update to gb but i think that is a bit away.

Sent from a galaxy far far away......

DrifterX

Reaction score
Newbie here, only got to play with Liberty/ Epic Blue for 1 day, then...BAM! GB was leaked! got it thru TBH. Looks and runs great, but I'm switching back to Liberty. I didn't get to enjoy Liberty long enough, my antsy fingers got itchy and flashed to GB. Now I will be attempting my first sbf and hope for the best.

chasm31

Reaction score
Just make sure you got newest version if everything. Had trouble last night using old version of rsd.