Liberty GB will not boot into recovery mode

darthzach

Reaction score
I have looked and haven't seen anyone else with this issue, I'm on the old GB leak - not .588 - rooted and deodexed. I just got the Liberty Toolbox Donated version so I can install Liberty Gingerbread and it successfully downloads the correct version for current GB users (the 2nd zip)

It gives me 2 options: backup current ROM, and wipe data/cache. I check off both. It pops up and tells me it will boot into recovery to install Liberty GB. Every time now, it restarts the phone and it just completely loads like normal, no recovery mode and no installation. I also notice my SD card is loading like 3x slower than it did before.

Is this because I'm not on the most recent GB leak?

Anyone else with this problem? What should I do?? Thanks...

mdlissner

Reaction score
Did you do a bootstrap in Droid 2 Bootstrapper first? Try this.

OP
D

darthzach

Reaction score
No but I will try this, should I select both Bootstrap and Reboot Recovery in D2 Bootstrapper, or just Bootstrap Recovery? I was under the impression that the Liberty Toolbox app booted your phone into recovery for you.

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
You will need the bootstrap your phone first. After installing Liberty, it will be on your phone for you as we include it in the zip.

OP
D

darthzach

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys, that did it! Installing now! I swear after all the how to's, step by step's and other crap I've crammed into my brain the past few days to learn how to root/deodex/ROM, I get freakin' giddy when something actually works right lol.

coltzfan

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys, that did it! Installing now! I swear after all the how to's, step by step's and other crap I've crammed into my brain the past few days to learn how to root/deodex/ROM, I get freakin' giddy when something actually works right lol.

Remember....Boot Loops.........The Breakfast of Hackers!!!

bluskyline21

Reaction score
*edit - nevermind. Unchecking USB debug is just annoying to do every time I boot into recovery. I'll get over it.

Last edited: