How is your battery life

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Htc is known for stellar battery life (sarcasm). But I am seriously wanting to know how you battery is compared to other devices and if you are a moderate or heavy user.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Heavy user with weak reception. I get a full day (10+ hours of usage) with plenty to spare on an extended battery.
My Incredible did about the same on the OEM after gingerbread update
The only other smartphone I've owned to compare it to is a Samsung Omnia which used 3 batteries a day, sometimes more.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from a Rezound phone via Blue TapaTalk

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
on the stock ROM, medium use, would get a full days worth 10-12 hours at least. the biggest battery killer on this phone so far though is the screen, the LCD screens noticeably use more power, but its a great display, and worth it IMHO. I would say its the best or on par than most other 4G phones and other 4G HTC Phones (my boses have the Evo 4G and their battery sucks, way worse than Rezound...)

gerrya

Reaction score
I had an Incredible before this and very rarely made it through the day without a recharge, sometimes twice. Im in 4g area at work and wifi at home and I easily make it through the day now. I dont try to conserve power at all on the Rezound unless I know I cant Recharge it through the day, but have yet needed to boost it.

jcardona1

Reaction score
I'm getting 20 hrs+ on the extended battery. Yesterday i unplugged it at 7am and went to bed around midnight, and still had 38% left. I love it!

With the stock battery i was able to squeeze out 14hrs with 4hrs of screen-on time.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

djwalley

Reaction score
I am using the stock battery, an unlocked boot loader with the phone rooted. I have not removed any applications (some consider bloat-ware). I have taken the time to completely cycle the battery 3 times now. I use the Juice Defender (free version), have the screen shutting down after 2 minutes of non-use.

With modereate use such as 1 or 2 TV shows streamed, some texts, email and occassional browsing I am getting 12 - 14 hours a day.

With heavy use such as 3 - 4 TV shows streamed, lots of text, file downloads and uploads, lots of streamed music - I am getting around 6 to 8 hours....

Overall, very good performance for a smartphone....... :icon_ lala:

snowride20

Reaction score
Sitting at 30% right now on stock Rom and OEM battery. It has been a moderate use kinda day though I know I can get more. Heavy use days is more like 6-8 hrs if not less. uploadfromtaptalk1326256944957.jpg

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

jeffe65

Reaction score
Mine is fairly typical of everyone else's here, so I installed LTE Switch from the Market. On a normal workday I'd be at 75% or lower by noon; after switching off 4G when the phone is idle, I'm at 90%. I got the phone partly because it's fast, but I see no reason to drain the battery that much when it's idle. Until someone comes up with a way to automatically shut off 4G when not in use, I'll do it manually.

*kallen

Reaction score
My battery life is absolutely awful BUT I love this phone so I deal with it by having a charger with me at all times. Idk what else to do. All I usually do is text and by noon it has less then half its life left. (and I don't even text a lot, I'm an accountant, I usually am very busy working) I just assumed from everyone else's comments that they pretty much have the same issues.

Schimm

Reaction score
I've got the extended battery but I'm using the regular battery now due to its slimmer profile. I sit next to my computer all day so I can charge with impunity.

Sent from my HTC Rezound.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My battery life is absolutely awful BUT I love this phone so I deal with it by having a charger with me at all times. Idk what else to do. All I usually do is text and by noon it has less then half its life left. (and I don't even text a lot, I'm an accountant, I usually am very busy working) I just assumed from everyone else's comments that they pretty much have the same issues.

Signal strength and how often your phone syncs with apps in the background can make a huge difference. Facebook sync, email sync, weather sync, etc can cause your phone to drink up the juice if they do it frequently. If your reception is craptacular, like mine, the phone will use precious juice looking for a non existent good signal to hold.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

Phone Man

Reaction score
At first I was not happy with my Rezound because the battery was dead by the time I
left work. I switched my phone to 3G and now the battery last until I go to bed.
The few extra seconds that it takes to down load a page is worth not having to
worry about the battery going dead. I switch the phone back to 4G if I want to
watch Netflix and I can plug in.