Droid X VS Droid 2 in Battery Life

nicholasdaggett

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i just recently purchased a Droid X and i absolutely love it dearly except for one thing which is it battery life. i have read countless articles saying that the droid X gets amazing battery life, which i have no idea where they got that from. and yes i know heavy usage will kill any battery fast. what i want to know is how is the battery life on the droid 2 compared to the droid X with heavy usage, because if the droid 2 gets better battery life than the Droid X then i am going to have to give up my precious phone for a droid 2 because i need the battery life.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
well a big part of it is the fact you got a 4.3" display on the X and a 3.7" on the D2. a lot of the battery goes to powering the screen so keep that in mind..

OP
N

nicholasdaggett

Reaction score
ya that's true the main reasons that i got the droid X is because it has a hdmi port and a 8 megapixel camera.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Every droid/Android phone that is new is going to suck up a lot of battery. The smart thing to so is just get an extra battery so you don't have to worry about it. I actually have two extra batteries, but I only need one and even then it's occasionally.

These phones use a lot of juice. There at probably a thousand threads on battery "issue" in this Forum.

As Ric Flair says, "Learn to love it. Because it's the best thing going today."

WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

OP
N

nicholasdaggett

Reaction score
ya i thought about that but i was playing angry birds beta app for probably 2 hours and the screen brightness was at its lowest and i had a full charge when i started playing and after two hours of playing the game it went to 5%.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So are you using any task killers or virus protection? Are you sure that was a true reading you got? In the Droid 1 there was bug that gave a 5% reading even when it was fully charged.

It will suck up a lot of juice playing Angry Birds but that seems quick even to me.

OP
N

nicholasdaggett

Reaction score
ya i am using task killer, i don't use the virus protection because it use to much power and ya partly it could be the angry birds app itself but i shouldn't have to charge my phone like 5 times a day, it seems a little excessive.