how is droid x's screen??

jmorton10

Reaction score
I'm not sure what's going on with the X in that video but something is definitely not right.

I have an X & the girl who works at the desk next to mine has an Incredible (she loves the smaller size). We have run the phones side by side in similar tests trying out different browsers etc & if one was faster than the other it certainly wasn't by very much. (nothing like it shows in this video)

~John

lkariher

Reaction score
The sun problem isn't too big of a deal.

Now I have one last concern. 10 minutes ago I was positive the x was the best choice, I watched this video and I'm leaning very strongly to the incredible now. This video is absolutely ridiculous and very disturbing. YouTube - Browser Comparison - Droid X vs iPhone 4 vs Droid Incredible

Do not discourage yourself away from the X because of this video, the X is actually faster than the incredible based on some hardware tests, so this is something with this X not all of them.

User_Name

Reaction score
I have the Droid X coming from the Droid and my wife has the Incredible.

The Incredible is the Woman's Droid X. I say this because the X is huge and from the majority of women I have talked with they prefer the smaller screen but to still have similar functions. (8mp camera, 1ghz Processor etc.. You get the point.

I never liked HTC from previous experience's having crappy phones but they have changed my opinion on that with the Incredible. It is a great phone but I would not take it over the Droid X.

Side by side you will not be able to tell the difference switching between screens and loading apps, But the screen quality and size is night a day.

The Droid X is very responsive and so is the Incredible, You can't go wrong with either. I was never a huge fan of all touch phones because I like the physical keyboard but the 4.3" screen makes it so easy I don't plan on going back.

I'm in no way favoring the Droid X because I currently have one, To be honest If the X would not have released I would have most likely picked up the Incredible.

It all comes down to personal preference, Go to Verizon and get your hands on both of them.:)

OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score
ok, those make me feel better. if the x is really as fast then i'll probably get it. my only problem is that i always feel like i HAVE to have the bigger screen. but, the incredible has the optical trackball and stuff.

and sometimes i feel like the x is low quality compared to the incredible.

User_Name

Reaction score
ok, those make me feel better. if the x is really as fast then i'll probably get it. my only problem is that i always feel like i HAVE to have the bigger screen. but, the incredible has the optical trackball and stuff.

Sounds like your "heart set" on the Incredible? Don't think about it so hard and get it! If you don't like it then swap it for the X?

I think with either phone you will be happy, I love the 4.3" screen and the X feels just as good in your hand as the D1 or Incredible. Also it is far from "Low Quality".:)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Droid X Touchscreen Test

I never even thought about this before. Thanks for this thread. I dont know if thats that same app used in the Engadget video. I'm looking for n app now to try on the Droid 1 and X....they both running Froyo now. I wanna see if thats makes a difference on the Droid 1.

I found one here called Simply Draw. Looks similar to the one in that Engadget clip.

drawing app

OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score

Sounds like your "heart set" on the Incredible? Don't think about it so hard and get it! If you don't like it then swap it for the X?

I think with either phone you will be happy, I love the 4.3" screen and the X feels just as good in your hand as the D1 or Incredible. Also it is far from "Low Quality".:)
honestly, i do want the incredible. i just feel like i will have buyer's remorse if i dont get the bigger screen, but i'll have it if i dont get sense. (i can get buyer's remorse over icecream.. lol) i think i might just get the incredible, but i will say the x is a nice phone, and is very tempting

Droid X Touchscreen Test

I never even thought about this before. Thanks for this thread. I dont know if thats that same app used in the Engadget video. I'm looking for n app now to try on the Droid 1 and X....they both running Froyo now. I wanna see if thats makes a difference on the Droid 1.

I found one here called Simply Draw. Looks similar to the one in that Engadget clip.

drawing app

thank you for that video. the x looks like it does a pretty good job (probably better than droid 1.
and, btw, that app is "paint pro"