How I got Google Voice with OUT waiting for Google or a friends invites!

Vitticeps

Reaction score
What I want to know is how will google voice benefit me? I'm not sure I get the whole concept but I am intrigued with it. I only own my cell, (I do have a land line at home) so how can this GV help make my experience better? Thanks for any input here to help me understand how this actually makes things easier....

I don't really use the GV phone number. The GV phone number would be great if you had multiple phone numbers and wanted to be able to give everyone just one number that they can use to reach you regardless of where you are; home, work, out. For me, that's what a cell phone is for. :)
I just use it for the voice mail. The GV voice mail is just too good not to use. You get a text transcription of the voicemail so you don't even need to listen to it. Or you can just listen to it directly on the phone with no need to dial into a voice mail system.

I've got google voice but don't know if I've got invites to give out, I have a few I'd like to use and I'd share some if I have enough, just don't/can't fine where they are if I do have them... insight anyone?

If you have any invites available they will show up only on the google voice website, voice.google.com. After you log in you will have the usual options in the left pane. At the bottom of the options in the left pane will be a link that say "Invite a freind: 2 left" or however many you have left. If you don't have any invites, you wont see that link.