How I got Google Voice with OUT waiting for Google or a friends invites!

robdroid

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was doing some messing around with my Cell and on my Pc I already use Google Chrome and got a Google Voice add on! In my dabbling (which i should have taken more notice of) I set up GV to use its Voice Message features then after I did so a button appeared asking if i wanted a GV Number in my area code I even put in my first name and now have full functioning GV919 780-4Bob :icon_ banana: !

Now its possible that because I have so many other Google apps/programs and the fact I requested a GV number about 10 weeks ago it allowed me to do this BUT guys maybe not!!

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was doing some messing around with my Cell and on my Pc I already use Google Chrome and got a Google Voice add on! In my dabbling (which i should have taken more notice of) I set up GV to use its Voice Message features then after I did so a button appeared asking if i wanted a GV Number in my area code I even put in my first name and now have full functioning GV919 780-4Bob :icon_ banana: !

Now its possible that because I have so many other Google apps/programs and the fact I requested a GV number about 10 weeks ago it allowed me to do this BUT guys maybe not!!

did you get any invites?? ;) i need one :p

PeanutTM

Reaction score
Will not verify phone number

After verifying your phone number after prompting you for your email address, it verifies your phone number - which it did successfully. It then asks for a four-digit PIN number. You enter it, then enter it once again to confirm the PIN. It then says that it once again is verifying my phone number. After about a minute of working, it then says that phone number can not be verified. Have tried several times and kept getting same response.

Has anyone else had same problem?

OP
robdroid

robdroid

Reaction score
After verifying your phone number after prompting you for your email address, it verifies your phone number - which it did successfully. It then asks for a four-digit PIN number. You enter it, then enter it once again to confirm the PIN. It then says that it once again is verifying my phone number. After about a minute of working, it then says that phone number can not be verified. Have tried several times and kept getting same response.

when I first set up I used to get recordings saying that I had a Vrzn # that was changed or out of service and after confirming this with Vrzn I changed to a different number and its been working as advertised! Maybe a change of number will work correctly?

loryndm

Reaction score

You need an invite and then register on their site. I had the same thing happen to me until i got an invite and registered.

xxacexx2

Reaction score
ugh...

Can one of you that has just gotten an invite PLS send me one? private message me and i will give you my email address..I am an Iraq war veteran for those who care!!!! thanks!
I literally have been trying for months!

moonnite

Reaction score
i just offered my gf's daughter who is in college a candy bar, lol

took about 18 hours and i have my number set up :)

kmo

Reaction score
What I want to know is how will google voice benefit me? I'm not sure I get the whole concept but I am intrigued with it. I only own my cell, (I do have a land line at home) so how can this GV help make my experience better? Thanks for any input here to help me understand how this actually makes things easier....

dmt316

Reaction score
i also paid $2 on ebay, but have not gotten any invites to share that i know of. is there some place i should be looking?

rayvincent

Reaction score
I've got google voice but don't know if I've got invites to give out, I have a few I'd like to use and I'd share some if I have enough, just don't/can't fine where they are if I do have them... insight anyone?